Cured

I love to say I don't remember much of it. Much of the time I was insane. But I had a journal. I read it aloud to my father the day of the World Cup. So I wasn't lonely.

"'June 30th, 1994

Annabeth, Percy, Tyson, Grover and I are still stuck in this gods damn Labrynith. It's for a good cause. It's my time as guard. We take turns sleeping. Percy has shift in ten minutes. Creepy down here- there isn't enough light to write everyday, sorry.

I'm feeling bad already- I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe it's because of that head cold I had last week, but, I don't know.

Light is fading.

~ Adele Black.'

'July 2nd, 1994

You'd be surprised at how much can exactly happen in only three days or so. Peryc as gone missing- since he blew me and him out of Mount St. Helens, I've been very worried. So has Annabeth and Rachel. Rachel Elizabeth Dare (or RED) is a mortal, and is very helpful. She's like the Deplphi, except she isn't one, I have a feeling she will be.

Percy is still nowhere to be found...

I'm currently sitting in my cabin, the Athena one, writing this. We're going back in the maze when he returns- if he returns.

Lights out.

~ Adele Black.'

'July 6th, 1994

I must say, I have seem new respect for Rachel. Really. Really truly.

We had this small battle in the Labrynith. She hit Kronos in the eye with her blue hairbrush! It was hilarious!

We've delayed Luke....

Not for long, though. I know it.

Time to find his workshop.

~ Adele Black.'

'July 20th, 1994

Yesterday afternoon Dadeleus died. You know, the creator of the Labrynith. My half brother. He let King Midas take him. Let Hades take him.

Then we had this battle.

I couldn't bare it, seeing her die.

Seeing Emily Phillips die in my hands.

I feel responsible.

She was my little half sister- but more like my little full on sister.

She has been here since I was ten.

She was only seven when she came...

Much like me.

I think that's why I loved her so much. She reminded me of, well, me.

She was the sister I never had.

~ Adele Black'

'July 21st, 1994

We had funerals today. For those who died last night.

I spoke for Emily. Emily Phillips.

The speech, you know?

I cried. I just did. That's all I did, and really, I managed to cry and speak at once.

I felt responsible. For her death. A really I think...

There is only one way to make myself feel better.