*Prologue*

I sat in the cold waiting area as the white male doctor came walking down the wide hallway. My palms were getting sweatier and sweatier by the second. I could feel the beat of my heart inside my ears and my mother's quiet sobs weren't helping.

"Mrs.Jones I'm sorry to inform you that your husband Neiamiah Jones has passed away."

They words fell from his lips so slowly. It was as if everything around me was going in slow motion. Those words were the words that shook my whole world up. Just when things were just getting back to normal this happens. I really don't know what to think and worst part about it is I didn't even get to say goodbye. He's gone and I can't ever again tell him Goodmorning,Goodnight,Hello or Goodbye...

That's the third person God has taken away from me. What did I ever do.? I prayed every night and told him how much I adore him, I gave him my heart and I'm repaid like this. I just don't understand it. It's now time to go see him and I'd rather go home and lay down. I want to go to sleep,maybe never wake up again. I watched my mother rise slowly and wipe her eyes with her shaky hands. She turned around and gave me a weak smile.

"Baby are you coming.?"

"No...uh I'll wait here."

I sat there watching people laughing and talking on the other side of the window. The world keeps going, doesn't matter what's going on. Just like me I'll keep it pushing. No point in crying and giving myself a headache. I'm just living until it's time for me to go. Just like my older brother,younger brother and now my father.

I watched my mother in the window as she laid on my father's lifeless chest crying for his return. I shook my head and any other thoughts I had away.

~

Her beautiful brown skin was dull and her usually bright brown were distraught. She had no type of emotion to her eyes and she gripped the steering wheel tightly. I sat back in my seat as I felt the speed of the car become faster and faster. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as I wished desperately for her to hit something. For her to cross paths with an oncoming eighteen-wheeler. Just so both of us would be out of it. Out of the pain, out of the misery.