2

Ya'ninae Jones
______________

I wondered through the hallway looking for my second period class. I woke up late and now I'm going to have to hear my mother's mouth when I get home. I knocked on the door of the loud classroom and nobody came to answer. I knock a little louder and I looked inside of it. There was a nigga looking directly at me then continued to talk to whoever he was talking to and go back to smashing his clay. I rolled my eyes now completely irritated. I looked through the small glass window for the teacher and she was sitting facing the noisy class. I knocked one more time. Still nobody is opening the door. I know they see my ass standing out here. I took my fist and banged hard on the door. The class got quiet and the teacher turned around frowning. She opened door and eyed me.

"Nice for you to join the class but there's no need for you to be banging on the door like-"

"There's no need for you classroom to be so loud that you couldn't hear me knocking the first 3 times."

I walked past the middle aged lady and sat down at the empty station.

"Come here for a second."

I set my stuff down and walked up to her desk.

"What's your name.?"

"Ya'ninae Jones."

"Ah yes, one of my new students I apologize for you having to stand out there I didn't realize how loud we were."

"It's cool."

"Well we are working on a clay molding and were going to paint it after it dries. I'm going to pair you up with Aaliyah she can get you started."

"Aaliyah can you come here a second.?"

I turned around to see the same small girl from yesterday walking to the front of the class.

" Aaliyah this is our new student can you get her started,and go over the directions with her.?"

The girl nodded and I followed her back to the empty desk I was going to sit in.

She went over the directions and instructed me on how to hold my hands around the clay.

~

I walked out and saw Yonnie looking around like she was looking for someone. I walked out and began to walk home that is until I heard her loud mouth calling me. She yelled my name and maneuvered through the crowd once she reached me she instantly began ranting.

"Hey,Hey,Hey- YONNIE." I snapped my finger in her face.

"Jayshawn is looking for you."

I kissed my teeth and rolled my eyes.

"Girl you was yelling my name just to tell me that."

"Yeah, I heard he was pissed when he seen ole girl face."

I busted out laughing. "It will get worse until that bitch figure it out."

She laughed along with me. We were about a block over from my house and I saw 3 niggas hop out a clean ass Audi. We kept walking and they leaned up against the car. I squinted a bit because I had felt like I seen one of them before. Yonnie caught what I was looking at and she tugged on my arm.

"NeNe t-that's him."

"Who.?"

"Jayshawn and that his right and left hands, DeMarcus and Semaj."

"Aww, cool." I replied sarcastically.

We began to walk past them and one of them pointed at me talking about "yeah that's her."