17

Ya'ninae Jones
---------------------------

I groaned as I woke up. Focusing my vision I hopped up. My head was booming and I was still in my clothes from the night before. I got up and trudged to my bathroom. Cutting on the shower I slowly undressed, making sure not to hurt my already aching muscles.

~

10:00 a.m

I sighed as I put Jamez's other shoe on. Today I was going to take him to the park with Aaliyah. As well as go car shopping. I had been saving up for a while now and it was time for me to stop catching rides from everybody else. As I awaited for Aaliyah I sighed. I thought back on my childhood. My dad, the love of my life the first man that I ever loved. I missed him like hell.

5/7/2009

I laughed harder as the tears fell from my eyes.

"OK daddy OKAY!" I had hidden my toothbrush from him so that I could avoid brushing my teeth. I caught my breath and got up as I reached under my pillow and took the toothbrush from under it. As my adult teeth came in my gums were extremely sore. I hated brushing my teeth because it caused so much pain. My dad followed behind me to the bathroom. I grabbed the stepstool from the corner and placed it in front of the sink. I watched my dad grab the Orajel from the cabinet and unscrew the cap.

"I know the pain you're going through babygirl, but if you want to keep that pretty white smile you must brush your teeth. Here rub this on your gums."
He squeezed a bit on my finger and I rubbed like he showed me to do.

I giggled a the numbing feeling kicked it. I know to some it stung but to me it tickled I loved the way it felt. I rinsed my toothbrush off and he squeezed a good amount of toothpaste on it. I smiled big,and began brushing. I hummed my A B C's and soon after I spat. Giving me mouth wash I garbled and spat that out too.

"All done daddy. " I screamed as he picked me up. I giggled as he smiled.

"Let me smell." I blew my breath in his face and he inhaled.

"Nice and minty."

Nice AANNNDDD mintyyy." I said repeating after him.

"That's my girl."

I sighed deep as I played with the hem of my shirt. I put my head in my hands as I felt my face burn and tears form in my eyes. I got up and wiped the tears. I got up and picked up my phone. I called Aaliyah and she answered in the second ring.

"What's up hun?"

I took the phone away from my face for a second to blow my nose.

"Nothing much girl just living." I chuckled.

"What's really going on?" She questioned me.

"Girl, I'm just exhausted, between working, school and Jamez everything's been so hectic." I said as I began to cry again.

I heard sounds of movement then Aaliyah voice returned. I heard Dre in the background laughing at whatever.

Jayshawn Owens
-----------------------------

As me and De'marcus stepped in the house I was exhausted. For what I didn't know, but I was. Hearing Aaliyah's loud mouth ass I rolled my eyes.

"Between you going to school for this nursing shit ,constantly working and taking care of that beautiful baby boy ,you have you have every right be exhausted. It's all going to get better in the long run though."

I heard a nigga mumble something to Aaliyah and then loud laughter. My face immediately turned into a frown I quickly turned my attention to De'marcus who held the same look.

"I know Aaliyah." I heard some bitch on the other line sniffle.

De'marcus and I began to head up to the stairs.

"Honestly Nae you need to tell Jayshawn about his baby, What you doing is not right at all. It doesn't matter how he reacts, you don't even know what he'll say and if he does deny him at least you'll know you did the right thing and Jamez will know why he didn't have a father when he gets older ."

De'marcus immediately stopped halfway up the stairs and turned towards me. The most surprised look on his face. He stopped us from going the stairs to listen to the rest of the conversation. 

"Aaliyah , you don't understand this ,that man literally ain't shit. He kills people , Do you really think I want the hands of a killer touching my baby. It's bad enough I let him touch me , not only did he touch me, I let him take my virginity and you really think I'm going to allow HIM. Out of all people him, to throw that hoe shit in my face and deny my baby, a baby that looks exactly like him? Aaliyah I can't go. You already know that's exactly how the situation is going to go down. Why go through all of that when I already know what is going to happen. I don't need nor want the added on stress. I don't need anything else negative in my life. I can't wait until I save up the rest of this money so I can leave. Chicago will only be distant memory and he won't have to worry about a baby mama , a child none of that."

"Nae, this is his child too at the end of the day. You have no right to keep this man aways from his child! It doesn't matter what he does outside of loving his child-"

"He won't love him ! Didn't I tell you how he came at me in McDonald's . You really think he gone claim Jamez?"

Aaliyah sighed. "He might , he might not but ,I'm sorry if my brother had a kid and I knew about it he's going to know too,  and Jayshawn is my brother too. "

I heard the line click after that and as soon as the line clicked my mind went racing. I turned from the stairs and headed out the door. De'Marcus was on my heels talking but I wasn't hearing anything.

I got a child...