18

Ya'ninae Jones
—————————

I hung up the phone and threw my phone down . I was so tired of Aaliyah telling me what the hell I should and shouldn't do , she didn't know how shit felt because she wasn't the fucking one going through it. She always speaking on shit she knows nothing about . She living good , beautiful ,has a man who truly loves her and she's basically set for life. She has no worries at all. I put my face in palms as my throbbing head throbbed viciously. I slowly gained enough energy to get my day started. I threw on some biker shorts and a matching colored sports bra and put my hair in a messy ponytail. I gazed at my bare face in the mirror thinking back on my fucked up life and how God got me through all my obstacles. I splashed cold water on my face, dried it then applied lipgloss. I continued to take in every feature on my face and I smiled, I haven't came this far for nothing. Just as I was finishing up my thoughts a loud knock rattled the house. Running quickly down to the door I made sure Jamez was out of the way before I yanked it open.

"Who the fuck banging on this motha-"

My eyes widened at the sight of Jayshawn. He pushed past me and his eye immediately landed on Jamez, who was staring back up at him with huge eyes, stuck in a daze it seemed like. Taking my attention off of my son and back on the funky bitch who marched in my house.

I pushed his shoulder. "Get the fuck out , who the fuck you think you are-"
I was cut off as Jayshawn's large hand wrapped around my throat.

He brought my face close to his and began to speak.

"Allat tough shit, I'm not feeling it. Cut it. Now we gone talk like civilized people ight?"

I glared at him as he released my throat and I immediately slapped him. I slapped him so hard his big frame stumbled back and when he turned back around his eyes were no longer green but a a very icy blue. He immediately reached for my neck again with two hands but I side stepped him and swiftly circled around him pushing him forward hard in the midst of reaching for my baby as soon I was close I felt my body being lifted off of the ground and tossed hardly onto the couch. I hit my head on the arm rest but that didn't stop me . So much adrenaline was rushing though my veins, I gave no fucks.

"Sit yo extra ass the fuck down." He said in a very serious voice. He pulled his piece out and I stood up very slowly.

"You gone kill me bitch? In front of my son." I said to him through squinted eyes and walked slowly towards the barrel of the gun. He cocked the gun back and watched my moves very carefully.

I gently put my forehead to the barrel of the gun and stood there.

"Do it." I said calmly with all the anger in my voice. He watched my intently. I felt my face burn with tears and I screamed.

"DO IT!" I said through tears, my gaze still fixed upon him and soon my baby's cries sounded throughout the house.

I grabbed the barrel of the gun and pulled the cold metal further into my forehead and he yanked it back.
He continued to watch me closely as I felt my knees buckle, before I could fall to the ground he caught me and I cried. I clung to his arm and cried uncontrollably.

~
2 weeks later...

I sat in my chair by my window as I held Jamez in my arms. So many thing were running through my head. I looked down at Jamez's small face. Words could never explain the amount of love I held for him. I had to get up and make some moves. I had to get out of this neighborhood. I had to leave. I got in the mirror and observed myself, something I did quite often. The weight from Jamez left me with a slight pudge but I was okay with it. My breast definitely jumped from a B to a D. My hips and thighs filled out even more. I actually didn't mind the weight it was beautiful in my opinion. It amazes me how the human body could take on such drastic changes. I heard a creak and immediately turned around and came to face with my mother.