15

Ya'ninae Jones
------------------------
I stood in the mirror playing with my hair. I had took my weave out and now was left with a huge curly mess. I listened to the news as I played with my curls. My hair was definitely too thick and long to manage I don't even know how I made it this far. I made mental note to make an appointment at the shop.
"Breaking News, there were 4 people found dead in house of the Newbarns."
Raising my eyebrows And continued to listen.
"There are currently 2 men in custody Jaysh-"  I quickly averted my attention to the t.v and cocked my head back looking at the t.v change to different channels.
I looked at Jamez playing with the T.v remote.
"Boy put that damn remote down." I said I walked towards him he threw it down and sat still.

I rolled my eyes at him

I rolled my eyes at him. "Damnit Jamez you made me miss something." I said as I picked him up and the remote up and sat him on my lap. I turned the chair and continued to try to find the channel.
Honestly I wasn't even nervous. I just didn't want him to know period. He got whole fucking drug cartel going on. Shit, I ain't want nobody rolling past my crib shooting it up, or worse killing my son. I watched him as he laid sleep in my arms. Snoring like a grown ass man. I laid him in his bed and tip toed back to my bathroom.

"Hey mama, I'm off to work, I'll be back a bit later, I've got a dinner to attend."

I looked back at my mama and smiled.
She was out a lot now and days and it had me wondering.

"Alright have fun." I said eyeing her demeanor as she left. She was giddy, like a schoolgirl.

"You know I will." She laughed and stuck her tongue out."

I chuckled and ran my fingertips across my acrylic nails. The texture of the matte finish felt good on the pads of my fingers.

I sighed and laid back down decided to get in the most sleep I could while Jamez was still asleep.

What felt like seconds later I jumped up grabbing my phone. The loud ding scared me half to death. I quickly looked over at a snoring Jamez and sighed quietly, thanking God he was still sleep. I turned the phone over and looked at the screen.

Aalihoe 😂👯

Get the fuck up.

I groaned and slid the message to the left. I laid back down and crawled back up under the blankets. The phone began to vibrate and Aaliyah's name popped up back up.

I quickly grabbed it and walked out the room.

"What bitch."

"Getcho stinky ass up. I'm outside sweatin like a fuckin slave."

"Shut the fuck up, I should let yo undergrown ass sweat."

"Mhm what the fuck ever, walk yo gigantic ass to the door and open this motherfucker."

I yanked the door open and Aaliyah immediately walked in.
She took one look at me and rolled her eyes. "Why aren't you dressed."

"What for?" I yawned and plopped on the couch.