Chapter Six

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
It's been a few weeks of catching metahumans and saving people. Our last one was a girl with explosive power and dealing with the army general. Barry and I now have to deal with Iris writing about the Red Streak as well as the Blue Streak.
~~15 years ago~~

I tossed and turned in my sleep that night, breathless. "Again. Do it better." Dr. Martinez said as I aim at the next target with the gun and pull the trigger, missing the center by a centimeter. "Try again." She said again as I try to shoot but no bullet came out.

"I'm out of bullets." I reply as she took the gun away and slapped me hard across my face.

"Next time don't waste all of the bullets. Aim right. Go run six miles around the track." She ordered.

I took off running around the track. I think she's trying to kill me. Six miles running? I passed the first mile in five minutes. "Pick up the pace, Allen!" She shouted at me. I passed my fourth mile within twenty minutes. To finish six miles, I usually finish around thirty minutes.

After I finish running all of the miles, six men escorted me to the room next to my cell. There was a metal chair attached to the center of the floor in the room. "No. I've already done this once." I say breathless.

They pushed me in the chair and strapped my wrists, legs, and ribs with metal restraints. Then they slid the metal helmet with wires attached to it over my head. Dr. Martinez walked in and injected a serum in my neck that makes me fall asleep.

I was home as my mom walked downstairs. I ran over to her and hugged her tightly, not wanting to let her go. "Mom, I'm home." I wept just as a woman with black hair and gray eyes approached me and my mother. "Stay away from my mom! Mom, we have to go. She's a bad person. She experimented on me!"

"Allison, it's alright. She's just a client of mine. Why would you accuse her like that? And you wasn't even gone but a minute." My mother commented.

"No- No, I wasn't. She abducted me and I was gone for maybe a week. Wait. I'm dreaming. I'm still trapped there. I didn't escape." I say shakily.

"Allison! Put the gun down. Please, Sweetie." My mom replied, fear in her eyes.

I look down at my hand and, sure enough, I was holding a gun. "N-No. This isn't real." I was pointing the gun at Dr. Francis Martinez and then moved it over to my mom. Tears in my eyes. "No. I'm sorry." Then the trigger was pulled and my mom was collapsed on the floor, blood all around her. I drop to my knees, crying.

"I'm not waking up... This is real... This is real. Mom. She's dead. She's dead. I killed her... I'm so sorry. I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." I murmur through tears.

Then I wake up in the metal chair, breathless even more and squirming to get free. "You're getting slower to wake up, Allison. This was to test the strength of your mentality. Take her back to her cell. We'll start her training again at the break of dawn."

They dragged me back to my room and threw me in the cell like a rag doll. "Yeah, listen to her like a good lapdog you are." I remarked as they stopped in front of me and kicked and punched me each. "You're just bullies." I muttered which earned me another punch in the face. One of the men grabbed me by my hair and cut me on my ribs with his knife. "I stand by what I said."

"You're just an insolent child." He spat at me as the other one slapped me.

"If we had it our way, we'd already killed you, Bitch, and find a new test subject." The man who just slapped me added.