Chapter Seven

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
~Fifteen years ago~

I was playing video games with Oliver the next day, which I kept beating him at every game that we played. "Okay. How do you keep winning?" Oliver asked after I beat him on the last round.

"Please, Queen. I'm the video game master. I can beat any game ever made." I answer confidently.

"That so? What about Call of Duty 2?" Oliver replied, changing the discs in the gaming system.

"Bring it." I state as we began to play the game. I shot the bad guys and ended up with more points than he had.

Then Moira walked into the living room and said, "Oliver, can you give Allison and me a moment alone? You can come back and play after awhile."

We pause the game and look up at his mother. Oliver stood up and nodded. "Get ready for round seven. I'm going to win." He told me, smiling and left out of the room.

I also stood up from the floor and sat on the couch with Moira. "Is everything okay?" I ask softly.

"Allison, it's about your mother." Moira answered, watching me, "She called us and told us to tell you that she can't come back here. She couldn't look out for you at the moment, so she asked us to keep you until she can, which may take months or years."

"So she's really leaving me, like officially?" I ask quietly, speaking up at the last part, "Why couldn't she have told me this herself? Why couldn't she just tell me personally that she wants to abandon me?" I had stood up, a little upset.

"It's too hard on her, Sweetheart." Moira answered, pulling me back down and made me sit next to her gently, "She couldn't bring herself to tell you personally. It hurt too much. And like we said, we're glad that you're here. You're part of our family."

"Just not officially." I murmur.

"You don't need a piece of paper to tell you that you belong in this family, Allison. But would it help? Do you want us to legally adopt you and let you change your last name to ours?" Moira replied.

I shake my head. "No, thank you. I want to keep my last name. It's all I have left of my mom, apparently. And I'm really appreciative of you taking me in as your own." She smiled and pulled me into a hug. "Thank you." I whisper softly.
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Oliver was gone the next morning because he had to get back to Starling to stop this crazy girl that was obsessed with the Green Arrow. I stir around my house, bored. I drink a sip of my black coffee. I didn't like creamer in it, just sugar.

I had changed into skinny jeans, a plain v-neck gray tee shirt, a brown leather jacket, and short, black, leather, biker boots. I had my hair in a braid.

I lay the coffee cup in the sink and super speed to Oliver's hideout and find Felicity at the computer and Diggle watching over her shoulder.

I walk over to Felicity's other side and look at what she was doing, which was just monitoring Oliver who was out in the field on his mission.

"Allison, good seeing you again." Diggle said.

"You too, Diggle." I reply, "I'm just stopping by." I start to turn back around and go up the stairs and leave until Oliver walked back down the stairs and entered his hideout.

"Ally-"

"Olly-" We both started at the same time.

"Um, hey." He said.