Chapter Eight

⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️
*Fifteen years ago*
I was walking home from school with Oliver, talking and laughing with him, until we heard a scared scream. We look across the street and see a flipped car with a kid younger than us stuck inside, hanging from her seat strapped by the seatbelt. It was jammed. The girl was maybe six or seven years old.

The mother had somehow managed to crawl out and was now frantically trying to get her daughter out of the crashed, upside down car.

I notice gas dripping out of it as Oliver and I rush over to the mom. We tug at the door. "Olly, step back." I murmur as he did. I used my enhanced strength and broke the car door off its hinges, dropping it to the ground.

"It's okay. You're gonna be okay." I say softly to the kid, breaking the seatbelt and catching her in both of my arms and drag her out of the car's way. I carry her over to her mom as she threw her arms around her.

"Thank you, thank you!" The woman said to me as we walk away from the flipped car just as it exploded in flames.

"Ally, how-?" Oliver started.

I pull him away from earshot of the few bystanders and murmur, "When I was... kidnapped, these people injected me with this- this serum or whatever and... it gave me enhanced strength."

"Whoah... I didn't know... But having super strength is cool." Oliver replied.

"I guess so, but I don't want anyone to know. Can you please keep this between me and you?" I say.

"Of course." Oliver replied, "I can keep secrets." He smiled as I smiled as well.

"Thank you." I say, "I just feel like if anyone found out, then they'd ship me off somewhere and experiment on me."

"I wouldn't let that happen." He replied as we hugged and walked to home.
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I changed into a pair of denim skinny jeans, a black tank top, and my brown leather jacket, and then slid on my black biker boots. I fix my hair in a braid and turn my alarm clock off. I always woke up earlier than it anyway.

I walk out of my apartment and head over to the coffee shop, beating rush hour. Good thing to, because it's a new guy working the coffee machine. "Hold the creamer, just add three spoonfuls of sugar." I tell him as he nodded and made my coffee and handed it to me, "Thanks." I put a tip in the tip jar and leave out of the cafe.

I speed over to Star labs and lean against the doorframe. "Where's Berry?" Wells asked.

"Late again." Cisco answered.

"Late has become his signature move lately." Caitlyn commented as I nodded.

"Well, let's start the training without him." Wells told me.

"I'll race you guys." I say, smiling big as I took off speeding super fast down the hall and to the room where the treadmill was at. It took them three minutes to come to the room. "What took you three so long?" I joked, wearing my costume already.

Caitlyn hooked me up to the machine that monitors my vitals and brain activity. "Hey, just out of curiosity, what would happen if I use more than one ability at the same time?" I ask, glancing over at Dr. Wells.

"I don't know. Yet. Why don't you try?" He answered just as curious as I was.

I hop onto the treadmill and started running really fast, turning invisible, and started to read their minds. Her vitals are spiking but heart rate is fine. Wait. Everything's stable now. Caitlyn thought, looking at the computer monitor that showed my stats and such.