Ch. 11

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Raven awakens to the sound of the most annoying sound ever. It wouldn't stop.

"For the love of poppa smurf! Will someone please turn that damn thing off!!!" She hissed as she began pulling at the cords attached to her.

"Don't." Someone says, grabbing her wrists and holding them,"You need them."

"No, what I NEED is for that God foul noise to stop!" She hissed as she tried to free her wrist from whoever was holding them.

"Raven, please." The voice pleaded softly.

"Don't 'Raven press's me." She spat, moving to sit up,"That noise is driving me insane." She says as she slowly blinks her eyes open, allowing them to adjust to the lighting.

Once she could see clearly she was met with a pair of concerned topaz eyes,"Why do you look like your puppy just died?" She questioned as she sat all the way up.

"You've been out for a while, Raven." Edward says.

"What's a while?"

"You've been in a coma for the last five months." He says.

"Holy Hells Gates! Five months!?" She gasped.

He nods, "I'm afraid so." he says moving to sit beside her, "How's your head?" 

She slowly sits up in the bed, "I have a small headache but that's it." she says, meeting his gaze, "So, what's been up with you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Have you had any fun? Have you met anyone that you like romantically? Come on, Cullen, I need to catch up on everything...starting with you."

"No, I have not met anyone that I like or am fond of romantically." he says, "Do you remember what happened?"

Raven takes a deep breath and sighs, lay back against the pillows behind her, "A little bit." she states softly,"I was running. I run twice every day and I'd decided to run through the woods when I heard something. I called out for someone but no one answered back." she says, her gaze meeting his, "It wasn't until I turned around to continue my run did I run into him. Damn it - I didn't get tight-pants name." 

Edward glares at her, "This is serious, Raveonna!" he hissed, calling her by a name she hasn't heard since she was five years old.

Edward was now faced with a glare that even made him with he hadn't spoken out loud, "What the hell did you just call me!?" she snarls in such a sinister tone that Edward removed himself from her bed side.

"Raven, calm do-"

"How? Who in Fudging Neptune told you that name?" she was now sitting up.

"Does it matter?" he questioned.

"Yes! It matters!" she snapped, "Now, tell me who told you that name so I can rip them to shreds!" 

"Why don't you like that name?" he questioned.

She didn't dislike the name...she LOATHED the name. It was the name given to her by her biological parents, the people who'd given her up at the age of seven. Why would she want to be called by a name the two people,  who were suppose to love her, had given her? After she'd finally become comfortable with the Swan family she asked them to change her name to Raven. Yes, it was still close to Raveonna but she loved the Raven bird so she decided to go with it. She hadn't been called by that name in so many years she almost forgot about it.

"Don't ever call me that, again, understand?" she hissed through clenched teeth.

Edward took a step closer, "Raven -"

"Does my family know I'm awake?" she questioned.

He shakes his head, "No, they do not."

"Will you please go and get them?" she questioned, ignoring his advances to speak to her, "I'd like to see them now." she says.

Edward nods his head before appearing before her, leaning down and kissing her hair, "I'm really happy that you're awake." he says before disappearing out of the room.

Raven finally lets out a breath she had no idea she had been holding. Hearing Edward call her by the name she'd been given originally at birth did something to her and she couldn't quite put her finger on it but she knew that it wasn't hate or dislike. Despite her reaction, she wasn't angry or upset with Edward but with herself. When he let that name escape from his lips she felt her insides turn but in a good way. Hearing him call her by her true full name and her...like it, scared the hell out of her. She wanted nothing to do with her past so knowing she felt no hatred or anger towards the name when Edward said it really go to her.

Taking a deep breath, Raven lets it out through her nose, "Edward, wait, come back...please." she says out loud, knowing he would hear her.

Not even ten seconds later did he appear outside her hospital room door, "Is there something wrong?" he questioned, a look of worry and panic crossed his features.

She shakes her head, 'No, but I do owe you an apology. I shouldn't have gone off on you like that. It was wrong and over the top." she says softly, "I'm sorry."

Edward moves to stand at her bedside but not before closing the door behind him, "You have nothing to apologize for, I shouldn't have call you by that name, but I accept your apology, Raven."

"No, responding the way I did, dismissing you so rudely, wasn't called for. I could have handled that differently than I did." she says, "I can't promise you that it won't happen again but I can promise to work on it, my temper I mean." she says, glancing up at him.

Edward allowed the corners of his lips to turn up, "I'm tempted to say I won't hold my breath but no longer having to need to breath, I won't." he jokes.

Raven glares up at him, "Whatever." she folds her arms over her chest, "Go - go eat a donkey." she spat.

A soft chuckle, music to her ears, escapes from his lips, "Nice come back."

Raven searched, his attire and frame, for something to retaliate with and she found nothing about him to spit back, "You are so lucky I love Emmett and Alice or I would slap that smirk right off your fudging face, you Interview With A Vampire reject!" she hissed, which only caused his smile to widen and her to groan loudly, "Ugh! Forget it!"  she slumps back against the pillows propped up behind her and glares at the wall in front of her.

"Hey, I'm so -"

"Can it, you Robert Pattinson reject." she spat before turning to meet his gaze, "Where's my -"

"On their  way." he says.

"Good." she says, "I can't wait to tell Izzy how rude you were. She's going to tare you a new one." she says with a smirk, "This is going to be fun, Special Ed." (VioletGWinchester) she says just as soon as she heard the door to her room being burst through.