Ch. 16

After their hunting trip, the Cullen's finally arrived at home. It didn't go unnoticed that Edward was distracted during the trip to the mountains. He's told them about what happened with Raven and how she hasn't spoken to him since. It's been a complete four days and he wasn't handle g it well.

During their hunting trip, Edward taunted and tortured his prey in a way no one had ever seen. He was hurting.

"We can return to school tomorrow," Alice says as they enter their home. The sound of the TV on reached their ears.

"We turned everything off before we left," Esme concluded.

Everyone stops short of the door. A familiar strong scent met them instantly. "Is that...?" Emmett started.

Alice smiled. "Raven!" she squealed before disappearing up into the living room.

After a moment everyone followed, coming to a stop in front of the couch. Fast asleep on the love seat, dressed in a pair of black thigh cotton shirts, and a matching tank top was Raven. She was curled up on the couch in front of the television. Her head resting against one of the fluffed pillows.

"Awwwwww," Esme squeals softly. "She looks so adorable."

Carlisle smiles. "Yes, she does."

"I wonder how long she's been here," Emmett says.

Esme suddenly jumps. "I'm sure she hasn't eaten anything since she's been here. I'm going to fix her something." she says before disappearing into the kitchen.

"She looks peaceful," Rosalie noted with a smile in awe.

Everyone then turns to look at Edward who is staring down at her in awe. She was beautiful even as she slept. "Should we wake her?" Alice asked.

He shakes his head. "No. Let her rest."

~~~~~~~~~~~One Hour~~~~~~~~~~~

Raven began to stir, her eyes opening slowly. She looks around and notices that she's no longer on the couch but in Edwards room...on a bed? When did she come up here? And when did Edward get a bed?

He doesn't sleep.

I must have come up here at some point. She thought to herself.

Shaking her head, running her fingers through her hair, she lifted her arms above her head and arched her back, stretching, to allow the tension to leave her muscles. She then looks around and sighs."Edward, I'm sorry," she says to herself. "I'm sorry for how I've been acting lately. I know you were only trying to help,"

Edward moved to enter the room but stopped once she started up again. "I'm not use to people helping me. It scares me knowing you can see me, knowing you can tell when something is bothering me," she takes a breath and closes her eyes. "I miss you, so much, right now. These last four days have been...painful without you."

She lowers her head as the tears she'd been trying to force back flooded her face. "I'm so sorry." she said while shaking her head.

She felt his cool touch before she heard him. "I'm sorry," he caresses her cheek.

Her head shot up and her eyes widen at the sight of him. "Cullen!" she threw herself at him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Edward wraps his arms around her middle and crushes her to him, burying his face into the nape of her neck. They were so close that he could feel her heart thumping against her rib cage.

"Edward, I'm so sorry for - "

"I already heard you," he says against her neck. "I'm sorry, too, for trying to make you do something you weren't ready to do."

"I shouldn't have taken my anger or hurt out on you," she draws back to look into his eyes. "I shouldn't have ignored you for those four days."

"Not, you shouldn't have," he cupped her cheek in his cold hands. "Those were four of the most miserable and painful days of my existence."

"I know and I'm sorry.".

"Don't ever do that to me again. Please," he lowered his forehead to rest on hers. "I can't take not talking to you. You're everything that is important in my life."

She nods. "Never again. I promise." she said before wrapping him in another hug.

"I love you, Raven."

She buries her face into his shoulder."I know." she says.

Without warning, Raven draws back and before he could say anything else she crushed her lips against his. She lifted both her hands and cupped his cheeks, holding him in place. Her lips moved with an urgency he's never felt before. Her fingers combed through his hair, her nails gently massaging his scalp.

That did it for him.

He had her on her back, beneath him, with him in between her legs. Raven slid her hands down his front. She quickly unfastened a button before he reached for her hands.

"Raven, we - we can't."

She looks up into his eyes. "I know. I just - I want to see. I want to feel you," she says. "Don't you want to see and feel me?"

He gazed into her eyes deeply. She was right. He did want want to see her and feel her. All of her.

When he doesn't say anything, Raven pulls her hands free from his hold and calmly unfastens his buttons. When she reaches the last one she places her hands onto his shoulders and pushed. He allows her to push them up into a sitting position.

She then slips her hands inside his shirt and pushed the fabric from his shoulders, down his arms before tossing it onto the couch across from the bed. Her eyes fall onto his perfectly sculpted body. She slowly reaches out to touch him. His skin was colder than usual but it seemed...softer. She ran her fingers up and down his torso and over his shoulders.

After a few minutes of touching him, she takes a deep breath and reaches for the bottom of her shirt. Slowly, she lifts it up and over her head. She tosses it over onto the couch next to his shirt before turning to look at him. It's then that she realizes he stopped breathing and is as stiff as a rod.

Without saying a word she reaches for his hand and places it right over her heart. "We belong to you, now," she says with emotion. "Don't ever let us go."

He stares into her eyes. "Never."

Smiling, she runs her fingers through his hair as she calmly pushed herself up onto her knees, moving closer to him. She cups his face in her hands and stares down into his eyes for a moment before lowering her lips to his.

When she feels his arms circle her middle, she pushes herself into his arms, straddling him. She feels him stiffen beneath her but he continues to kiss her, his hands now slowly running up and down her warm body. He loved how her skin felt against his. Never has he ever felt anything like it before. He never wanted this to end.

Raven suddenly found herself on her back with Edward hovering above her, staring down at her. "What?"

"You're just so beautiful."

She smiles. "So are you."

Smiling, he lowers his lips to hers. Her fingers instantly comb through his hair, her nails massaging his scalp. He growls in excitement which makes her giggle.

"You think what you're doing to me is funny?" he draws back to look at her.

She shrugs. "Maybe."

Suddenly, Edward is on his back and she's on top of him. He stares up at her, stunned.

"I forgot to tell you," she lowers her lips just centimeters from his. "I'm a lot stronger than before."

After getting over the shock of her sudden strength, Edward chuckles. "Is there anything else I should know about you, Ms. Swan?"

She tapped her chin with her forefinger then shook her head. "Nope."

"Are you sure?"

She nods before leaning down. "I'm sure."