Ch. 18

Day One:

"I'm curious, does today count as one of the three days that Edward and the men will be gone?" Raven questioned. 

Rosalie chuckled. "Yes, Raven, it counts."

"What? I just -"

"You miss Edward, we know, we can tell."

"I love him, Rosalie, very much." She looks around at the Cullen Hale women and sighed. "Being away from him is like taking away a piece of my heart. I can't really function all that well without it."

The women shared a look in awe. It was the first time they've heard Raven admit to loving Edward and they couldn't be happier about it. 

"Wow. You love Edward." Esme says. "Have you told him that?"

Raven shakes her head. "Not directly. Not in the way I just told you."

"Well you should.  I'm sure you would make him the happiest of men if you did." Rosalie says with a wide smile spread across her lips.

Raven nods. "I know and I will as soon as he comes back to me." she says before clasping her hands together. "Now, what's on the agenda today?"

"Well, we thought we'd go shopping first, then to your favorite book store and then head over to your house to spend some time with Isabella and Charlie." Alice says.

Raven smiles."Sounds like fun.  Let's go!"

~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

Day Two:

"Tell me again why we are here?" Raven asked as she looked around at the women. "Why are we in a jewelry store?"

"Well, sweetie, we had something made for you and thought to give it to you now." Esme says with a smile as a woman, with dark brown hair and brown eyes, appeared from the back room carrying a small rectangular shape box.

Raven shakes her head before Esme even had enough time to take the box from the woman. "Thank you."

"No. I am not taking that."

"Why not?" the women questioned in unison.

"I don't want any of you buying me anything. You don't need to spend your money on me."

"Sweetie, we wanted to do this." Esme says.

"Besides, we like spending money on you. You should see what we got you for Christmas." Alice says.

"Christmas? Christmas isn't for several months, Alice." Raven pointed out.

"I know."

Raven shakes her head. "I don't want it. I appreciate the gesture, Esme, I do but I can't take it."

Esme moved to stand directly in front of her. "You have to take it. Only you can wear it. It was made just for you." she says before opening the box.

Raven gasped as she stared down at the black,  and silver, leather band. It had the Cullen Family Crest engraved on it with her name printed in silver cursive letter just below the Crest. It was beautiful.

"Oh my, God." She reaches out to touch it, running her fingers over the beautiful Crest. "It's beautiful."

"Do you like it?" Esme asked.

Raven nods. "I love it." She then lifted her gaze to meet Esme's. "Why would you do this for me? I'm not even a Cullen."

Esme smiled and lifts a hand to cup her cheek. "Edward loves you, and you love him, which makes you a part of this family."

Ravens eyes swelled with tears. "You want me to - to wear this?"

"Of course. You're a Cullen, now." Rosalie steps forward, removes the leather band from the case and wraps it around Ravens wrist. "You have to wear it." she says as she fastened it securely around her wrist.

Raven admired the leather band with a tearful smile before looking up at the three women. "I will forever wear this with pride."

They smile at her. "Welcome to the Family, Raven Swan-Cullen." Alice says.

A wide smile spread across Ravens lips. "Raven Swan-Cullen? I like the sound of that." she says.

"So do we." Rosalie says.

~~~~~*~~~~~

Day Three:

"Raven, calm down before you have yourself a heart attack." Rosalie scolds her as she seemed to bounce up and down in the couch. 

Raven smiles. "I'm sorry.  I'm just excited to see Edward."

Alice, along with Esme, chuckles. "Yes, we can tell."

"When will he be here?" She asked.

"He'll be here in five minutes. Just calm down."

"I'm trying to calm down but my nerves are shot and I'm so eager to see him."

"Maybe we should slap her." Alice suggested.

Raven's smile falls and she glares at Alice. "Try it.  I dare you."

Alice appears directly in front of her and kisses her cheek. "I could but I won't."

"Yeah, because you done want to lose an arm or eye." Raven states.

Alice rolls her eyes. "As if you could hurt me."

Raven takes a step in her direction. "Want to bet?"

Alice raises a brow. "You want to fight me?"

Raven shrugs. "If you want to call it that. You'd be on your back before you could blink."

Rosalie and Esme chuckle.

"Alright, if that's what you want."

Raven nods before getting in a defensive pose. She placed one foot back,  while the other was in front of her, she bent her knees and her arms were out in front of her.

"Ready?" Alice questions.

"Edward's not going to like this." Rosalie warns.

"What Edward doesn't know won't hurt him." Raven says. "Go!"

She let's out a battle cry and goes to lunge at Alice but before she can reach her she is being snatched mid-lunge by hard, cold arms.

"I agree with Rosalie." Edward's voice wrapped around her like silk. "I don't like this."