Ch. 24

I know it's been awhile but I'm back now! I will try and update more often. 

Raven was awaken by the sound of someone's voice in her ear.  Their breath was cold as it fanned the side of her face.

"Raven please open your eyes for me."

She didn't recognized the male voice but she did recognize how wounded he sounded. He sounded like someone who'd just lost someone dear to him.  So, she slowly opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was a head of messy bronze hair.

He must mess with his hair a lot. She thought despite the sudden urge to run her own fingers through his hair.

She takes in her surroundings and realizes that she's in a hospital room and that she's hooked up to machines.  The room looked like one of the kind of rooms they kept long-staying patients in. She wondered why she was in the hospital but she was much more curious as to who the male beside her was.

Taking a deep breath, she opened her mouth.  "Hi."

The bronze haired male lifted his head and met her gaze. Raven gasped at his appearance. She'd never seen such a beautiful person in all of her life.  He had deathly pale skin, a sharp nose, semi-full lips, a strong jaw and unnatural topaz colored irises. He had such a beauty one would,  could,  compare to the gods.

"Wow." she mumbled.

The unidentified man slowly lifted his hand to her cheek, causing a chill to run down the length of her body before settling in the pit of her stomach.

"You're awake," even his voice sounded god-like. "I can't believe you're awake."

He leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers in a passionate kiss, one that shocked her but at the same time she found herself enjoying. The kiss was over sooner than she'd liked, for some reason, and the male pulled her into his arms.

"Wow.  I don't know if I should be angry about that kiss," she chuckled. "Or happy that I was just kissed by the most beautiful stranger I've ever met." she said just as the door to her hospital room was pushed open.

In walks a very beautiful doctor with blond hair, sharp nose, thin lips and the same colored eyes as the male in front of her.  His skin, too, was pale and he was just drop dead beautiful.

The male before her slowly draws back and meets her gaze with wide and confused eyes. "Stranger?"

Raven tilted her head. "Is that not what you call a person you don't know?"

The male looks back at the person who just walked in then looked back at her. "You don't - you don't know who I am?"

Raven looks from the worried doctor to the guy in front of her. "Should I?"

He nods. "My name's Edward Cullen. I'm your -" he doesn't finish because he don't k of if it'll scare or worry her.

You just kissed her and she isn't freaking out. Telling her you're her boyfriend won't cause any damage. A voice in his head said

"Best friend?" she wondered.

Edward shook his head. "No.  Well, yes, but that's not what I meant," he ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm your...boyfriend."

Raven raised a brow. "Boyfriend boyfriend? As in hugging, kissing, touching?"

He nods. "Yes. You're the love of my life." he throws in there without thinking.

Raven swallowed suddenly. "Whoa!  Slow down there, tiger. The L word is no joke."

"I know,  and I apologize for dropping that on you, but I meant it."

Raven aits up completely in bed, folds her arms over her chest and leans back. "How old are you? How do you know what you say you feel for me isn't just lust? Guys your age tend to get the two mixed up."

Edward forced himself not to smile.  She may not remember him right now but she was still her usual self. Nothing, so far, seems to be different about her.

"I'm seventeen and I am sure that what I feel for you, isn't lust confused with love."

Raven looks at the doctor. "What do you think, doc? Do you think he's being honest?"

The beautiful doctor nods. "He is.  He loves you very much, actually.  Far more than you can imagine," he said softly. "My son has loved you for quite some time now."

Raven raised a brow. "Son? I can't say I didn't see that one coming.  The two of you share a few of the same physical features."

The doctor moved to stand at her bedside. "Sweetie can you tell me the last thing you remember?"

Raven nods. "Isabella and I were getting ready for our first day at Forks High School."

The doctor and Edward shared a glance before turning to Raven. "I have to tell you something,  Ms. Swan and I'm going to need for you to stay calm when I tell you."

Raven swallowed then took a deep breath. "Alright.  But first what's your name?"

"Dr. Carlisle Cullen."

"Alright, Dr.  Cullen, lay it on me," she patted the space on the bed beside her. "Don't sugarcoat anything. I prefer the band-aid affect."

Carlisle cautiously took advantage of the space beside her. He offered a small yet sad smile. "You've been in a coma for a couple of months." he said slowly.

That really got Raven's attention. "A couple of months? How long is that? Two months or more?"

"Two months."

Raven looks at Cullen then Carlisle. "So what, something happened that put me in a coma the same day Bella and I started school?"

This time, it was Cullen who spoke up. "Actually, Raven, you and Bella have been in Forks for quite a while. It'll be an entire year in less than two months."

Raven frowned.  "No that can't be right.  We just started.  There's no way we've been here for ten months already. I think I'd remember that much."

"Sweetie, you're suffering for amnesia which isn't uncommon with head trauma patients. You were involved in an accident on school grounds and you hit your head pretty hard," said Carlisle. "You were doing fine at first but then you took a turn for the worst."

"What do you mean by that?" Raven questioned.

"You fell asleep for several minutes and when we tried to wake you you suffered a small seizure that landed you in a two month coma." Carlisle explained.

Raven took a deep breath and sighed. "How has my parents and Isabella been taking things? I know they must be losing their minds with worry."

Both Cullen men nodded. "Charlie wanted to take you home, set up an in house hospital room." Said Carlisle. 

Raven chuckled and shook her head. "Sounds just like dad."

Just then the door to her room pushed open and in walked an unfamiliar black man and woman. When they're eyes landed on Raven, they widened and their jaws dropped open.

"Ohmygod! Raven!?" the woman cried.

Raven raised both brows. "Um, who are you two?" she questioned. 

The man and woman frowned in confusion.  "What?"

Edward stepped forward and cautiously placed his hand over Raven's. "Raven this is Brian and Kelly, your birth parents."

Raven gasped. "You've got to be shitting me."