Ch. 21

This chapter is mainly a scene between Renee and Raven. I thought they deserved a mother daughter moment.

Raven sat up in her hospital bed glaring at the wall in front of her with her arms crossed over her chest. She didn't see why she had to stay in the hospital or even be there in the first place. She felt fine. A small headache but that's it.

"Look, Raven, I know you don't want to be here but the doctors need to check you out to make sure you've not suffered from any - " Bella started but was stopped by Raven lifting a hand to quiet her.

"I don't have any contusions on my head, I have no internal bleeding and no fractured ribs or bones." Raven said.

"How do you know? You're not a doctor, Raven." Bella stated.

"True but I do my homework, Bells. I know what signs to look for and I have no symptoms of any thing in need of attention."

"You should study to become a doctor, when you graduate, with all the knowledge you already know." Dr. Cullen's voice sounded in the room.

Bella turned around, quickly and yet startled, at the sound of his voice.

"Maybe I will, you'd be a great teacher, but only if you sign my release papers and let me out of this place." she said.

"You're not going anywhere."

Raven looked up to see Charlie and Renee standing in the doorway of her hospital room.

"Ugh. Bella, I told you not to call them." Raven groaned.

Charlie stepped into the room. "Sweetie, we are your parents, we deserved to know that you were hurt."

Raven sighed. "I know, and I love you both, but I didn't want to cause any unnecessary worrying. The both of you tend to overreact sometimes."

"Honey, you were hit by a car...we have the right to overreact."

Raven sighed. "Fine but if you're going to make me stay here, I need a favor from you." she said just as Carlisle patted her leg then exited her room.

"What is it?"

Raven looks over at Edward, who was sitting on the couch on the other side of the room, pretending to be asleep.

"I need to speak with Brian and his wife, and my sister."

Charlie and Renee shared a look then looked to Raven. "Are you sure about that, sweetie?"

Raven nods. "I'm sure. It's about time we finally talked about why they left me on your front porch all those years ago. I deserved to know why after seven years they decided they didn't want me anymore."

Charlie took a breath then stepped forward and kissed her hair. "I'll see what I can do." he said before moving to step out of the room, Bella following close behind.

Smiling, Renee pulled up a chair and sat beside the bed. She looked over at Edward then met Ravens gaze with a smile. "He really loves you, that boy." she said.

Raven raised a brow. "What makes you say that?"

Renee smiles then shrugs. "I don't know. Just the way he looks at you and how intoned with you he seems to me," she stated. "When you move, he moves. When you breath, he breathes. When you smile, he smiles. And because he has been here since you've been here and hasn't left your side once."

Raven looks over at his 'sleeping'form and smiles. "Well, I guess it's a good thing that I love him, too," she turns to her mother. "I love him so very much. I never thought I could feel such strong feelings for someone especially at such a young age but I do. I truly and wholeheartedly love Edward with my entire soul."

Renee reaches up and rubs her hand. "My baby is in love. You have no idea how long I've waited fornthis day to come," she pushes to her feet and wraps her in a hug. "I'm so happy that you've found someone that makes you happy."

Raven wrapped her arms around her mother. "So am I, mom." she said as Renee pulled away.

"So, I have to ask, are the two of you using protection? Because as much as I want grandchildren, I don't want any now, I'm too young."

Raven shook her head and chuckled. "No, mom, we're not using -" Before she could finish, Renee gasped.

"What? Sweetie, you have to always be safe when having...sex. You can't take a chance and end up pregnant at such a young age."

Raven reaches out and touches her moms hand before glancing over at Edward who had a smile on his lips. He was laughing at them.

"Mom, calm down. If you'd let me finish, you would have heard me say that we're not using protection because we're not having sex." Raven said.

"You're not?" Renee questioned.

"No, we're not."

"May I ask why?" asked Renee.

Raven sighed. "Edward wants to wait. He's old fashioned and wants to wait until marriage."

"I'm liking him even more," Renee said. "What about you? How do you feel about waiting?"

Raven shrugged and sighed. "I don't know, really, mom," she leans back against her pillow and looks over at Edward. "I love him. And I know he will be the last guy I'll ever love and ever be with," she runs her fingers through her hair. "I can wait but a part of me doesn't want to. So, I guess I just -"

"Just what, sweetie? You can tell me anything." Renee said, taking her hands in hers.

"I guess I'm just more eager, excited, to show him how much I love him then he is," shebstated honestly. "I know he loves me and would do anything for me but, I don't know, maybe we aren't on the same page when it comes to the physical and intimate attraction."

Renee sighed and moved to sit on the edge of her bed, cupping her face. "I have no doubt in my mind that you and Edward are on the same page. As hard as it is to hear you talk about wanting to take things to the next level with him, I know that you're no longer a little girl and that you're growing up," she sighs. "I know I can't keep you locked away and away from boys. I don't have my head buried in the sand, I know you're curious and I don't blame you. But sweetie, just know that he loves you passed your physical attributes."

"I know that, believe me I do. I love him passed his looks, his money and what he can do for me. I would love him if he were dressed in a banana costume selling unicorn movies," Raven said seriously. "Okay, look, I'm going to tell you something and you can not tell dad."

Renee swallowed. "Okay. I won't."

Raven takes a deep breath. "A while back, Edward and I kissed and that kiss turned into something more heated," she said, her face turning a bit red. "We didn't do anything that we shouldn't have but things between us seem a bit...forced. I don't know, mom, maybe it's just me. Maybe something's wrong with me."

Renee sighed and kissed her daughters cheeks. "Oh, baby, there is nothing wrong with you. You're just in love, that's all. And love makes you feel...different. It can make you a bit period but also scared," she said. "When I fell in love with your father I was scared out of my mind. I thought he would leave me for another woman. Even though her proved to me time and time again that I was the only one for him, I was still scared of losing him."

"Really?"

Renee nods. "Yeah. You're so in love that you can't help but think that it's to good to be true and you find yourself looking over your shoulder for something bad to come and ruin it."

"How do I stop it, mom? I don't want to lose him, I can't. I've tried keeping it to myself but it's becoming too much," she said softly. "What if I start to drive him away with these crazy thoughts?"

Renee cupped her cheeks. "He loves you very much, if not more than you love him. You will not lose him. You're a hard soul for anyone to leave."

Just then, Raven looks over toward the door to see Brian, Regina and Rowina standing in the doorway.

"Not everyone."