XI - L'appel du Vide

March 2nd, 2016

This chapter is sooooo long but was so fun to write. :D

The song for this chapter is "Chills" by Down With Webster. I think it really fits this scene. ^_^

And by the way, JoJo, I lied. I am not your father.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Eleven

The party had finally began. Odin and Thor had both made speeches while everyone ate their dinner, then everyone was brought into the ballroom where they were able to dance and just have a wonderful time all together. Seline and Ariana both went to their chambers to get changed into something more appropriate for dancing, which meant from switching out of servant's clothing and into an evening dress out of the ones that their masters had provided.

Ariana chose a royal blue dress that went down all the way to her feet. The black heels she wore helped with that though, and helped it to stay a couple inches up.

Seline stifled a laugh, and Ariana raised a brow at her. "What's so funny?"

"I just find it interesting that you happened to wear a dress that was in Fandral's favourite colour, that's all."

"Oh, like you're one to talk!" Ariana teased, smirking. "Everyone knows that emerald green is Prince Loki's favourite."

She sighed. Ariana was right, it was his favourite.

Seline's dress was slightly longer than Ariana's, and had a different neckline. While Ariana's reminded Seline of something that a greek goddess would wear with loose fabric around her collarbone, Seline's was tighter and sleeveless with two straps.

Seline hated dresses, and had simply been planning on wearing formal-looking clothes and not dancing very much. However, when she saw the dress in her closet, she couldn't resist. She loved it. Whether or not it had to do with the colour and what the shade reminded her of, she didn't know. She didn't really want the answers to such questions.

They walked into the ballroom, and Seline couldn't help but smile at how beautiful it all was. Nearly everything shone in gold, and there was a balcony above them, where some of the guests were standing and looking down at those who entered or talking amongst themselves. Out of these people were Odin and Thor, along with Volstagg. Volstagg appeared to be with his wife and children, so Seline assumed that he had been speaking of Fandral and Hogun earlier.

"Lady Ariana!" They both turned to see a man coming down the corridor, and knew that it was Fandral simply from his confident-sounding voice without even turning.

"Lord Fandral," Ariana said, smiling softly at him. It seemed that they were so happy to be in each other's company that they forgot to bow to each other out of respect.

He chuckled. "I would know that beautiful golden hair anywhere," he then turned to Seline. "Lady Seline, I hear that Thor is very eager to have a dance with you."

"Prince Thor wishes to dance with me?" she asked, raising a brow.

He nodded. "Yes, indeed he does," he then waved his hand towards Thor, gesturing for him to come down to them.

It appeared that Fandral was right, because only a few moments later, Thor Odinson was making his way down the steps and crossing the dance floor towards her. All of the women stopped to stare at him, then looked at Seline with jealousy as he reached her.