XXII - Anchor

April 3rd, 2016

So the song for this chapter is "Unsteady" by X Ambassadors. I suggest listening to it for a full effect of the chapter. :)

THIS CHAPTER MADE ME CRY A LITTLE

I'M NOT KIDDING I GOT ALL DAMN TEARY EYED

Loki doki I hope you likeeeeee. :3

This is unedited sO DON'T BE A DICK ABOUT ALL THE TYPOS OKAY (I'm lookin' at you squigglesquirrel -_-)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Two

As the days went on, Seline continued to feel happier and more at home.

Four months had passed since she had arrived in Asgard. It was nearly winter now, and the other hunters had said that the winter was beautiful in Asgard. Seline loved the cold much more than the warmth.

She had definitely expected for Loki to like it as well, but it appeared that he hated it. He became harsher and just all around depressed as more time went by. She didn't know why, but she somehow knew that his dislike had a far stronger meaning than just the weather and the temperature.

The first time that she really noticed his discontent was the day that he left his tent, his expression cold and unforgiving, and skipped breakfast. That was something he never did. He always sat down with the other hunters and ate, but that day, he left. Seline would have followed him, but it seemed like he wanted to be alone. He didn't come back until late that night.

Those nights continued, and the second time was when Seline couldn't sleep and went outside, where she saw him standing near the fire with his arms crossed over his chest and his dark stare on the dancing flames. She had asked if he was alright, but he had replied with a simple and yet very hoarse "I'm fine". He didn't look at her, not even when he walked back to his tent.

And the third and final time that really set her off was when she saw him one night, acting in a way that made her truly worried about him. He was by the fire, like he had been the time before, but his hands were now clenched into fists. He looked angry, like he was about to burst into fits of rage, but was just barely controlling it. However, she wasn't surprised when his jaw clenched and his hands suddenly flexed and his fingers stretched out as straight as they could go. When he did, a wave of frost was sent at the fire, making the flames burn out immediately and causing smoke to rise from the still crackling wood. The ground around him was covered in ice and frost, and when he saw what he had done, he almost looked frightened. He was afraid of himself, what he could do. He was exactly like Seline in that way.

Seline began to notice that everyone else was beginning to get less and less happier every day. But even so, Loki was still the one that was effected the most. He wasn't usually this dark, he was never this cold to those around him. She knew that something was wrong, but she didn't want to ask him out of fear of his reaction. She didn't want to upset him.

So, instead, she asked Augustus, whose mood had much improved since the deaths of their friends. He was moving on, which was a good thing. However, it pained her to see him once again dwindling back into the more depressed and saddened version of himself as the days drifted more and more into winter.

"Gus," she called out, running up behind him as he went further into the woods, his bow in hand and his quiver around his shoulder. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course," he said, the corners of his lips going up in a very small and fake smile. It wasn't in a rude way, either, he just wasn't happy. He was fairly good at hiding it from anyone but Seline.