XLVII - Alive

I have been trying to update this chapter for an HOUR

AN HOUR, PEOPLE

k well I hope you enjoy it

I know you probably will

Oh, and the song for this chapter isssss

You guessed it, "Alive" by Krewella :')

Also there's probably gonna be some typos because I randomly switched to first person writing instead of third person writing at the end? Like instead of "they" I put "we"? Like wtf brain? So sorry if something doesn't make sense :'D

Byeeeeeeeee :3

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Fourty-Seven

"Are you absolutely positive that it worked?" Seline asked, taking her jacket from the coat hanger.

"Of course I am," Annaque insisted. "Why the hell are you leaving? You just had a piece of your soul ripped out. You should be sleeping."

"Sleep is for the tired or the sick," Seline argued, throwing the coat on and adjusting the collar. "And I feel perfectly fine, thank you. Why are you even worried anyway?"

"Don't get me wrong, I don't really care if you die or not. I mean, I'm getting your soul so it would actually be in my best interest to kill you. I just don't want to wake up tomorrow morning to see you collapsed on my front porch."

"I'll be fine," Seline snapped, almost instantly regretting being so harsh. Her voice was softer the next time she spoke. "I'm sorry, okay? I just want to get back home. I'll get the next flight to New York. I'll be out of your hair in just a few minutes. You won't see me again until the day I die."

Seline turned and went down the hallway to the front door of Malachai and Annaque's home, but heard Annaque call out from behind her.

"Hey! For the record," Seline turned to look at her. "I hope that that day doesn't happen soon."

She smiled sadly at Annaque. "Thank you. And I want you to remember something..."

Annaque raised a brow at her, and crossed her arms over her chest. "Yeah?"

"Malachai does not control you. You're stronger than him. You know that."

Seline turned back again, and of course, she hesitated. But then she laid her hand on the doorknob and pulled the door open. It was time to go.

Seven hours later, she was finally back in New York. She went to the Stark Tower, which was now apparently called the Avengers Tower. She had never even noticed the 'A' on the penthouse floor, which had replaced Tony's last name. It felt a little more fitting to her.

She went to the floor that Jordan had been on, and listened closely. She could hear Jordan moving around in his room, then heard him talking to another person. It was Jacob.

She went to stand in the open doorway to Jordan's room, and felt a mixture of shame and relief when she saw the two men turn to her.

Seline was happy that Jordan was alright, but knew how horrified her two friends would be when they found out what she had done. She had given her soul away to two of the most dangerous Soul Stealers on the planet.