Chapter Nine

Charlie got me to go upstairs while he got himself together. His need for my blood was getting stronger and stronger. He had tasted my blood twice now which only made it more dangerous for us both. He only had so much control and I only had so much blood. I found Lisa sitting the spare room playing games on her phone.

"Hey." I spoke quietly, as to not startle her.

"Hey... Well that was..."

"Weird? Scary? Horrific? Take your pick." I mumbled.

"Oh I think you covered it." She grinned. Well at least she could still smile. "You have something on your lip you know... Is that blood?"

"Well...Kind of." I grinned sheepishly, wiping the blood away.

"Wait... Did he..."

"By accident, yeah."

"So you two just..."

"Quite a lot." I shrugged. I could feel my cheeks getting warmer.

"Oh you liked it." She laughed, grinning for ear to ear. I glared warningly, point to my ear.

"He can hear you." I mouthed, pushing Lisa off the bed.

"I don't care." She mouthed back, laughing even harder.

"Okay, okay, when you're done mocking me, we will go downstairs and you will meet Charlie... And He won't be a scary jerk." I yelled the last part, just to make sure Charlie was listening. Lisa stood up, still in fits of giggles and joined me at the door. She nudged me out first, pretty much using me as a human shield. Cheers pal. We found Charlie in the doorway, even though Lisa was clearly nervous, I think she trusted me enough to know that it was safe. She sat on the sofa while I walked over to Charlie, he was staring intensely at my bookshelf, reading all of the titles. I gently crept up beside him. I knew he was have heard me coming already, so it wasn't worth me making my presence known.

"You have a... Unique collection." He smirked.

"I like horrors. Give me a break." I shrugged. He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close.

"It's not safe here for you. You're safe enough at night. I can protect you then but... In the day. It's you against the wolves." He muttered.

"I know." I sighed. "Lets just leave it for tonight. I doubt the wolves are going to bother us again tonight. Tomorrow I should be safe at work. Lots of people, lots of hiding places. Come on meet Lisa. Lisa this is Charlie." I introduced. It was a crap attempt at changing the topic, but I really wanted to just relax for a little while. I knew the danger I was in. I didn't want to be reminded.

"Hi." Lisa said quietly.

"Hello." Charlie replied stiffly. He bowed his head slightly, acknowledging her.

"Er... Cordelia you know what I told you earlier about the wolves?" Lisa said, clearly uncomfortable. I could see Charlie raising an eyebrow at me from the corner of my eye, but i ignored him and nodded. "Well I found something else out. Wolves can mark people... So they'll know where they are at all times..." Lisa trailed off.

"You're going to need to give me more than that. What's this to do with me?" I questioned, sitting next to Lisa.

"Well... Rory said he was going to take things into his own hands..."

"You don't think he would actually..."

"I think that was him out there tonight. You do the math." She shrugged.

"She's right." Charlie muttered shaking his head.

"There's nothing we can do. Right?" I sighed loudly, sitting down on the nearest sofa. I pulled my legs up and wrapped my arms around them, resting my chin on my knees. I saw something in Charlie's eyes but I decided to ignore it. I didn't want to know what he was thinking.