Chapter Ten

Dear Rory,

I'm sorry for what has happened between us. Despite the past week or so, I will always remember you as a brother. Believe me when I say I love you. After my family passed you were there for me like no one else was. But it's because of this that you must understand why I can't be around you now. You know my reasons for hating the wolves. At one point you felt the same as I.

You must understand that despite what you think, I love Charlie. And he has kept me a lot safer than the wolves ever have. He even saved me from you. I know that you thought you were protecting me, but you weren't. I can't stay here anymore. I know you can see it too, whether you like it or not. I will be honest with you, I was there, the night that the late council member died. I don't even want to think about what he would have done to me if Charlie hadn't of gotten there, when he did.

I am sorry I'm not saying this to you, face to face, but we both know you no longer have control over your anger. I am leaving this place with Charlie. I don't know where we are going to go, or what we will do. But please accept that I am happy. This is my life now. You can't change that anymore than I can. I don't know if I will become a vampire or not. Nothing is certain at the moment.

I love you, forever and always,

Cordelia xoxo

Dear Lisa,

We both knew it was coming to this. I'm so glad I had the pleasure of knowing you. You've been there for me, through the good and the bad. Promise me you won't do anything stupid from here on out. I love you like a little sister and I will never forgive myself if anything ever happened to you. I'm so glad that you have been by my side throughout all of this.

I want you to promise me one thing while I'm gone. Don't miss me, but please don't forget me. In return, I will always remember you as the sister I never had. I love you and I'm going to miss you screaming at me for not calling you to check in, and I'm even going to miss you laughing at my expense every chance you get.

The wolves don't see you as a danger so far. Promise me to keep it that way. Go on with your life, play by the rules and keep your head down. It's not worth you getting on their wrong side and I don't want you to be in danger. I'm leaving with Charlie and wish I could tell you that I will come back. But I won't.

I love you sister,

Cordelia xoxo

"Is that it?" Charlie asked as I posted the letters.

"That's it." I nodded. Charlie was carrying my bag on his back, filled with clothes and toiletries. I also grabbed an old photo album, I wanted to something to remember everyone by. I had my phone but Charlie said I shouldn't use it. If other vampires heard it, they would know a human was close by and would hunt me down. He made sure that I had it on silent, so that it wouldn't even vibrate.

"I still don't think it's a good idea to send those letters."Charlie sighed. I smiled, walking up and hugging him.

"If I don't tell him myself he won't stop looking for me. You saw what he tried to do yesterday. And since you aren't going to let me say it face to face..." I trailed off as Charlie raised an eyebrow. "This is the best way."

"Are you sure you want to do this? Once we leave I doubt they will be any turning back."

"I know. I'm ready." I smiled. Charlie smirked, picking me up.

"It's not going to be the life of luxury you know."

"I know. Let's just go." I huffed impatiently.

"Alright, hold on tight." He warned, holding me closer. I buried my head in the crook of his neck. As soon as he started running, I could feel the wind blowing through my hair. I felt kind of travel sick with the speed we were going and couldn't wait for it to be over. I was pretty sure I felt Charlie jump over the fence, into the vampire territory. For here on out it was just me, Charlie and his friends, against everyone.