Six: Morning

The next morning, you wasn't in your sleeping bag like you had planned to sleep. You were in Ari's bed as she snuggled up to you. All your clothes were on, fortunately. You don't want one of her parents busting into the room to find both of you naked in their daughter's bed.

Ari's eyes flickered open, and she smiled up at you before yawning. "Good morning, baby."

Baby? She's already calling you baby? But you aren't even dating yet! Are you?

"Morning, Ari," you respond with a smile.

She gives you a peck on your lips before rolling out of bed. "You can go shower in the bathroom first! I'll go make us breakfast!"

She's popular, sweet, and can cook? You tell yourself that you're lucky that your crush likes you back. Otherwise, some other numbskull would've had her. And they might would've mistreated her. And you promised that you would never do that to her.

After you showered and dressed in a sweatshirt and jeans. You brushed your hair into a ponytail and checked yourself out in the mirror. You hoped you looked okay for today. But more importantly, for Ariana.

You went downstairs after looking yourself over and cleaning your mess. Your stomach growled at the smell of bacon, and you turned into the kitchen to see Ariana sitting on the bar stool, eating a bowl of cereal.

When she spotted you, she smiled and waved at you. "Hey, Y/N!"

"Hi, Ariana."

"Baby, please. Just 'Ari'."

"Okay," you stupidly said.

She pointed to the plate beside her. "Here's your food, baby."

It was a plate of bacon, eggs, and French toast. You smiled at her, and mentally wondered if you should give her a kiss. She was fine kissing you, so you wondered if you could do the same to her.

.In the end, you decided to, and you went to place a kiss on her cheek. But Ari moved her head, you kissed her on the lips instead.

Someone cleared their throat, and you two jumped away from each other. Leaning against the doorframe was none other than Ariana's mom. Your face flushed as you rubbed the back of your neck in embarrassment.

"Hi, Mrs. Grande," you muttered.

"Good morning, Miss Y/L/N."

Ari began to giggle, despite the awkward situation you were stuck in. "Mom, you weren't supposed to see that."

"I'm sure I wasn't. How are you, Y/N?"

You decided not to question her on how she knew your first name. She already talked to your dad, so it was bound to slip out of his mouth.

"I'm g-good. How are you?"

"Great." She turned to her daughter. "I'm setting off to work now, honey. I may get back late with the extra paperwork and such."

"Okay, Mom."

They shared farewells, and you finally exhaled when you heard the front door close. Ariana giggled more before pulling you back close to her.

"That was so embarrassing," you murmured into her neck.

She chuckled and kissed your forehead. "She was bound to find out sooner or later. Might as well be now."

"But we only kissed last night! We haven't even went on a date!"

Ari nibbled on your ear, being so relaxed about tis situation. "So? We weren't having sex when she found out. That happened before, and I was grounded. For about a week."

"Who was he?"

"Not a 'he'. She. A girl from a few years ago. You do have to worry about her confessing her everlasting love for me. She's moved away."

"Oh," you lamely replied.

"I guess they're glad I can't get pregnant," she joked, releasing you.

She went back to her cereal, and you started on your cooked breakfast. It was tasty, and you made sure Ariana knew that.

She eyed you up and down. "Who are you looking cute for?"

"You," you boldly said to her.

Ari grinned at you. "You look hot, Y/N."

"Thank you, but I really don't."

You were always self-conscious of yourself for a long time. You never considered yourself as remotely attractive. Yet, you somehow managed to capture Ariana.

Ari smiled at you. "You seriously are beautiful, Y/N."

And before you could protest, she grabbed your face and gave you a tender kiss. You melted into it and kissed her back. She stroked your cheek with her thumb before pulling away.

"I'm gonna go change now, and we can go meet up with the rest of the group. 'Kay?"

"Okay," you replied.

She drunk the remaining milk in the bowl, then hopped off the stool and ran out of the kitchen.