Nine: The Offer

You were nervous when you went to school on Monday. What if Ariana didn't keep her promise? And she only treated you as a friend?

But as soon as Ariana saw you, she ran up and gave you a big hug. "Hey, baby!"

She pulled away and pecked you on your lips. You heard lots of gasps as everybody around you had saw what happened. The popular Ariana Grande kissed Y/N. Nobody expected that, that's why they stared at you two in shock.

"No way," a girl said. "Ariana Grande likes that loser!"

"She's not a loser," Ariana spoke up. "She's my girlfriend. And I don't care if you like her or not. She's mine, not yours. It only matters that I like her. And if you still don't know what's going on, I'm bisexual. Yes, I like girls and guys! And I'm proud, okay? So either love me or hate me!"

Much to your surprise, somebody started to clap. Then someone else, and someone else, until everybody started clapping. You stared in shock at everybody while Ariana smiled happily.

"Wha--? How??"

"I'm glad they understand!"

How could they shun you when you were out of the closet, but congratulate Ariana when she got out? People do crazy things, and it was a shame. But at least you didn't have to hide your relationship at school. Now it was time for your parents, since Ariana's mom already knew.

"Wanna get fro-yo for lunch?" Ari asked as you two walked to first period.

"Sure!"

How could you turn down Ari? It's like saying no to a puppy. And she's your girlfriend now...you think. You didn't make it official, which confused you. Did Ariana see you as her girlfriend? She said so, but she never really asked you for confirmation. Maybe you should ask at lunch. Yeah, that's what you'll do.

And when lunch arrived, you greeted Ari with a kiss before getting in her car and driving off to the closest place to get frozen yoghurt.

"Um, Ari?" You questioned. It was now or never.

"Yeah, baby?" She glanced over at you.

"Are we actually...you know, together? As in...girlfriend and girlfriend?"

Ariana grinned and giggled. "Y/N, you're so cute! Of course we are! If that's what you want to be, right?"

"Yeah! Yes...I was just making sure."

"Great! Now do you have anything to do after school?" She asked.

"Yeah. I still have a job."

"Darn it! I guess I'll have to go to your job and watch you work," she shrugged.

It sounded as if she wasn't sorry at all. In fact, more like she was happy. Happy to watch you work? Is that a fetish she has?

You weren't complaining, because it just gives you an opportunity to see her more.

🍩•🍩•🍩

"How was school today?" Your mom asked as you tied on your apron.

"Wonderful," you dreamily said, causing your mom to give you a weird look.

"Y/N, are you okay? 'Cause you never say that school was 'wonderful'. Who are you and what have you done with my daughter?"

Your eyes glance at the door before returning to your mom. "I'm fine, Mom. Really. I just had a good day at school."

Your mom just watch you as you start arranging things around on the counter. She wasn't wrong. You never say you even had a remotely good day at school. So it was obvious something was up.

"You found a girl, didn't you?" Your mom had a wild grin on her face.

"What? What makes you assume that?"

But your face gave it away as it began to redden. You quickly spun away from your mom as the door opened and your girlfriend walked in.

"Oh, afternoon, Ariana," your mom greeted, puzzled.

A warning look flashed in your eyes, and Ariana saw it. "Afternoon, Mrs. L/N. How are you today?"

"I'm fine. Is your mother coming today?"

"No, I just came to visit Y/N. We're friends in school."

Your mom nodded, looking between you and Ariana, before disappearing into the back.

"You haven't told her?" Ariana asked. "Why?"

"I don't know! I'm scared, alright! I never had a girlfriend before, so it's scary!"

You crossed your arms and slightly pouted. Ariana sighed and leaned over the counter. "Y/N, I'm sure they'll love you either way. I mean, my mom knows--"

"She walked in on us," you dead panned.

"Not the point! But still, she knows and she's perfectly fine with it! As long as I'm happy, they're happy."

You were still hesitant in telling your parents, and Ariana knew this. She sighed and plucked a donut off the spinning tray to her right. After taking a bite out of it, her eyes lit up brightly.

"Y/N, you have to taste this!"

Ariana stuffed the donut in your mouth, and you began chewing it. It felt as if Heaven transformed itself into a donut. None of the donuts ever tasted this good before.

"Mom! Mom come here!" You called, your mouth itching to have another one.

"What?! What happened?!" Your mom burst into the room frantically.

"Nothing's happened! It just, what did you put in the donuts?"

"Oh! Instead of using the regular old sugar, we used Grande's Liquified Sugar. Good, isn't it?"

"It's amazing! I think I'll be even fatter than this if all of them tastes as good!"

A flash of hurt was evident on Ariana's face before she smiled again. But you shrugged it off and looked at the donuts again.

"And guess what?" Your mom said.

"What?" Were they adding it to the coffees as well? Were they introducing a line of milkshakes also?

"They're offering to by our donut shop!"

WHAT?!?