Twleve: The Backstory

OH MY GOSH! 2k views?!? Seriously?! Thanks you guys for all the support and sorry for not being on much. I've got school and crap. 😑

"ARIANA GRANDE!" A voice screamed, causing you to jump out of your sleep. You were afraid it was your mother coming back, but when you saw who it actually was, it was worse.

Ariana jumped up from the couch, afraid. "Liz! I--what are you doing here?"

"I texted you forty-five times! Then I visited your house and you weren't there!"

"Well how did you know where Y/N's house was?" Ariana asked quizzically.

"I have my resources," Elizabeth snapped. "What I want to know is why you've skipped school to hang out with her?!"

She pointed her finger at you, and you scowled at her. But before you could fire something back at her, Ariana beat you to it.

"First of all, why are you concerned about me? I can do whatever I want, Liz! I'm not a little girl anymore! Second, why should you care if I'm not in school? This is MY life in living, not YOURS! Third, I demand to know where you got Y/N's address at!"

Elizabeth crossed her arms and glared at Ariana. "You're my best friend, Ari. I'm supposed to care about you. And if you don't go to school, how do you expect to get a job? And I went down to that stupid bakery and asked her parents where they lived."

"And they just told you??" You questioned. How could they give out their personal address to a complete stranger? A complete stranger that looks like her?

"Was I talking to you?" Elizabeth hissed.

"I want to know that too!" Ariana objected.

The taller girl rolled her eyes. "I said I was a friend."

"Liar," you muttered.

"At least I'm not keeping her from getting an education!"

"I never even told her to came over! She came over as a choice!"

"Y/N, you don't have to explain yourself," Ariana said. "Liz, you have to leave. You have no right to be here."

"I can be here if I want to!"

"This isn't your house!"

"I don't care whose it is!"

You stepped in front of Ariana angrily. "Why don't you just leave us alone?! Ever since that day we kissed, you've been avoiding her!"

"Stay out of this! It's between me and her!"

With that, she shoved you out the way and into the wall. Ariana cried your name as you slumped to the ground. Your vision blurred, your head hurt, and so did your back. All you heard was shouting until you came to your senses.

Ariana's face was cherry red as she screamed at her best friend. Elizabeth looked equally red as she screamed back.

"...YOU NEED TO RESPECT OUR RELATIONSHIP, ELIZABETH! IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU..."

"...SHE'S CAUSING NOTHING BUT TROUBLE AND I DESPISE HER! YOU TREAT HER BETTER THAN ME..."

You slowly rose to your feet, gripping the door handle for support. Ariana saw you, pushed past Elizabeth, and helped you stand.

"Are you okay, baby? Did she hurt you?" Ariana asked, feeling your forehead and cupping your face with her warm hands.

"I'm fine, honestly."

Elizabeth was glaring at you with all her might, probably wishing you'd die right now.

"Why do you hate me so much?!" You asked her.

"BECAUSE YOU HAVE HER!"

And Elizabeth stormed out of the house, slamming the door you no longer leaned on.

It sounded like she was talking about taking away her best friend, but you knew better than that. Something had happened between Elizabeth and Ariana. Something so big to cause this reaction out of her.

"What is she talking about?" You ask Ariana.

"It's nothing," Ari brushed off. "Now come on, we need to get you to bed."

"No! I want to know what happened between you! And I'm not moving until you tell me."

You stood your ground with your arms crossed. Ariana looked into your eyes before sighing. "Fine. But can you at least sit on the couch."

You walked to the couch in your own, wincing slightly when you sat down. Ariana sat beside you, fumbling with a lock of her red hair. She still looked so cute, even when she's nervous.

"It happened a while back," she began. "Near the beginning of high school. We had all went to the same school then and were super close. But nobody was closer than Liz and I. We were two peas in a pod, connected at the hip, glued to the other. We would never leave each other, and we were happy with that.

"I noticed Liz was acting strange towards me halfway through the year. We were still close, but she started acting touchy-feely towards me. Always wanting to hold hands, giving me kisses on my cheek, snuggling with me at sleepovers. I brushed it off, thinking Liz was going through something and this was how she felt comforted.

"Until one night, she kissed me out of the blue. I kissed back, confused, before pulling away. Liz continued to kiss me, but I pushed her away and demanded what was going on. And she spilled her feelings for me out; how she saw lesbians at our school and she began talking to them. And that's how she started thinking of me in a different way. Unfortunately, I didn't return any of her feelings. I only saw her as a friend, nothing more. It got a little awkward after that, but we soon became friends again. And I always knew she still had feelings, but I ignored them."

Wow. It made perfect sense. Why she was so upset when she saw you two kiss, and why she's ignored Ariana. But it still didn't give any right to burst through your house unannounced and uninvited.

"Are you mad at me?" Ariana pouted.

"Of course not. It's not your fault. She should just move on and forget about any chances with you, because you're mine. All mine. And I'm never letting you go."

Ariana smiled and she scooted over so she could cuddle against you. "I'm never letting you go, either, Y/N. You're too special..."