Eight: Her Friends

You stood outside of Bath & Body Works with the guys, since you were done shopping in there. Ariana and Victoria, on the other hand, wanted to buy the whole store.

"She really likes you," Matt said quietly to you.

You turn to him. "Really?"

"Yeah. She talks about you all the time, wondering things about you, like what would your favorite color be and stuff. She even said you'd never be her girlfriend, and she doubt you'd even date her."

"Seriously?" You questioned, chuckling a little. "I thought the same about her!"

"And she noticed the way you look at her, and decided to ask you to spend the night to see if you had feelings for her. I hope you make her happy."

You saw a look of sadness in Matt's eyes, and wondered if he ever had a relationship with Ariana. You made a mental note to ask her just as she walked out with many bags from the scented store.

"Did you buy stuff for the whole school?!" You joked as she handed you some.

Ariana giggled. "I'm just stocking up for a zombie apocalypse. That way, I'll always smell delicious!"

"And that way, you'll be the first of us to go," Avan commented.

"Hey!"

"Where to now?" You ask.

Ariana shrugs before her eyes lit up at the store she was looking at. "Build-a-Bear!" She squealed before running inside.

Everybody else groaned except you.

"What?" You ask.

"Did you not see all those bears she got in her room?" Victoria asked.

"About 99% from this place," Avan said.

"No, more like 101%," Leon agreed.

"Does she always make one when she goes to the mall?" You asked them.

"Yes," they all said at once.

"They are kinda cute," you said.

But you still decided to wait with Ariana's friends. You wanted to get to know them better while Ariana was away.

"How long have you guys known Ariana?" You decide to ask, since it wasn't too personal of a question.

"For a while now. Since elementary school," Victoria responded.

"Yeah, we were as thick as thieves back then," Leon continued.

"All the way up until high school, when her parents wanted to move," Matt said.

"But we still kept in touch obviously," Avan added.

"Do you guys do this all the time?" You questioned.

"Do what?" Victoria asked.

"Like, each of you guys say a sentence after the other. It's like you guys are in one of those tv shows."

"Well, we are actors, like Ari," Leon pointed out.

"Really? That's so cool! Do you guys do commercials or something?"

"Victoria does sometimes."

"That's really interesting," you say.

"What are you good at?" Matt asked.

You thought about things you were good at. Not much has came to mind, except one thing. "I can bake."

"Ari did say something about your family owning a bakery," Leon said. "What's it called?"

"L/N's Donuts."

"We should go there sometime. I'm starting to have a fetish for donuts."

You smile because he was trying to be nice. And soon, you were getting to know all about Ariana's close friends. Her real close friends. Not the ones she's with at school.

You almost forgot you came here with Ariana until she marched up to the group, holding two bears. She handed one to you, and you stupidly say, "What's this?"

"A bear. For you. I made it!" Ari excitedly said as you examined the bear in it's tutu and crown.

"You didn't have to--"

"I wanted to. Because I really like you."

You glanced at her friends, and they gave approved nods. Victoria gave you a thumbs up and nodded her head.

"Thanks, Ari," you say, hugging her and kissing her forehead.

"No problem. Now let's go eat. I'm starving."

🍩•🍩•🍩

"Thanks for taking me to meet your friends. I had a lot of fun," you thanked as Ariana pulled up to her house.

"I had fun too. But do you really have to go?"

"I'm sorry, but they're expecting me to go."

Ariana pouted and you smiled at how cute she was. "I promise we can do this another time, Ari."

"Fine."

After you helped her bring in all the bags, you gathered your things and put them in your car. Then Ariana pushed your back against your car and stepped into your arms.

"What about school?" You ask.

"What about it?" Ari lifted her head and rested her chin on your chest.

"We're not going to act like a couple in school, are we? Think about your reputation."

"Screw my reputation. If nobody likes me because I'm with you, then so be it. 'Cause I really like you, Y/N."

"Yeah, your friends told me."

"So how was it with them? Were they treating you right?"

"Of course they were. I like them, and I hope they like me back."

Ari smiled. "I'm sure they do. I can talk to them tonight, and I'm sure they'll like you back. As long as I like you, they will too."

She reached up and pecked your lips. You really didn't want to leave Ariana, but if you didn't go to work, your parents might not let you stay over ever again.

"I'll see you Monday," you told Ari.

"I'll text you tonight, baby."

Baby. You like that name a lot more now.

Ariana waved at her doorstep as you drove away, smiling to yourself about how lucky you are to have a girl like Ariana.