Only the Strong Survive

*****************************************

Maddy’s P.O.V.

“HOW COULD YOU LET HER CATCH YOU!?” Geoffrey bellowed as he hit me across the face. I struggled to hold in the tears as I gently rubbed my cheek. “HOW COULD YOU BE SO DENSE?” The others just watched, I secretly begged and pleaded for somebody to help me but they knew better. No one messed with Geoffrey, except for the cat of course. I was kneeled over on the cement floor of our small abandoned warehouse hideout. The rest of our team made sure that we weren’t taken to the hospital after Elizabeth’s homicide attempt. Geoffrey got lucky with only a minor concussion, I had my entire leg wrapped in gauze along with stitches from the ‘scratch’ that cat gave me. After minutes of silence Geoffrey left the room supposedly to go smoke a cigar. I took my chance and I left the building.

Elizabeths P.O.V.

“So, I know for a fact it was you guys, but why?” Kristin pressured. She knew that it was Angel and I who had attacked Geoffrey at the zoo, but she didn’t know it had anything to do with him either.

“Were not telling you.” I said sternly, as I opened the glass door to the school parking lot.

“Why not? What is so important that you can’t tell me? I thought we were friends!”

“We are friends, Kristin. But some things are just better left unsaid.” Those were my final words as Angel and I made our way to our new white truck Adam had agreed to buy us.

The car was silent except for the soft sound of the local radio playing and the friction that the tires made on the cement. I heard Angel sigh and put down her phone, “She’s smart.” I silently agreed knowing that she was talking about Kristin. Katy seemed to be the ‘ignorance is bliss’ type, she completely ignored any conflict going on around her unless it strictly involved her. Kristin on the other hand didn’t exactly force her way into other people’s arguments but when she saw something that needed to be dealt with she didn’t hesitate.

A few minutes passed before I playfully punched Angel in the arm, “Why do you wear that hoodie, Angel?”

“Ahem, have you even looked at the words on the back? It totally describes me!” I giggled at her answer knowing that her hoodie had I’m sexy and I know it on the back.

Adam’s P.O.V.

I groaned at the sound of my phone ringing. I had just finished editing a video and sat down on the couch to take a nap. I sat up and looked at the caller id seeing that it was Jason. I sighed before answering but was surprised not to hear Jason’s voice, but someone who sounded older, and with a deeper voice, “Only the strong survive.” The man said and hung up. I held my breath and stared at my phone. Endless possibilities began rushing through my head as I wondered what was going on. I heard Elizabeth and Angel pull up in their truck. I quickly got on some shoes next to the door and walked to the car where Elizabeth was climbing out of the drivers seat and Angel was lugging her backpack from the car.

I didn’t hesitate to order them both back into the car, “Guys I think something may be wrong with Jason.”

“What? What are you talking about Adam?” Elizabeth demanded as she closed the door to the back seat.

“I just got a phone call,” I began to explain as I drove down the road, “There was a man, he said,” I sighed rethinking all of the past events that had happened since Elizabeth had showed up, “Only the strong survive. Does that mean anything to you two?” The girls were silent. I could practically feel Elizabeth’s concern for Jason. I knew that she liked him, hell everybody knew that she liked him. Because he liked her too.

The silence as we drove to Jasons was deafening. The tension as we pulled into his driveway made it worse.

Something was clearly wrong when we noticed the front door of Jasons home was knocked down, as if somebody had broke in. Before I knew it Elizabeth ran inside the house and Angel and I chased after her.

The sight was… No word for it honestly. Elizabeth stood there with her arms wrapped tightly around herself. Jason was lying on the ground with a huge gash on his head. But what concerned me the most was the bleeding in his right rib cage. Elizabeth was too shocked to do anything so I took it upon myself to examine the wound. It seemed as if he was stabbed repeatedly in the same spot. I wiped the blood that was coming out from his mouth away and checked for a pulse in his neck and was relieved to find one. I checked if he was breathing as well before I brought out my phone and called 911.

911 what is your emergency?” The woman on the other side said.

“Uh, umm send help, please! My friend Jason has been stabbed repeatedly.” I said in a rush. I could hear faint sobbing to my left.

Sir, calm down, what is the address?

“ 2028 um, Magnolia road.”

Thank you sir, please remain calm we are sending help right away.

Within minutes I could hear the ambulance sirens coming from the distance. I picked up Jason and carried him out to the yard. Angel had earlier suggested that we needed to stop the bleeding, so we grabbed a towel and pushed onto the wound in order to do so. There were ambulances and police cars lined across the road. Soon Angel, Elizabeth and watched as Jason was carried away on a gurney. “Do you think he’ll be okay?” Angel muttered. Nobody answered when we saw the news crews begin to walk onto the lawn. We ran back to our car and sped off towards the hospital.

A/N: Sadly this is the end of book one. BUT WAIT! I want your opinion, should Jason die? SHOULD JASON DIE??????? Please let me know because I don’t want to disappoint you. Also in case you’re wondering, the guy who called Adam was Geoffrey. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this story. I loved writing it so it must be kind of good right? So far any ideas I have for book two is the quote, ‘Only the strong survive’ so things may get crazy. Anyways, BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEE!!!!