The Finals

Beca PoV
Finals, we made it. We all walk in a line and grab a microphone. The Treble Makers were just about to go on stage but I catch Jesse before he goes.
"Hey." I say awkwardly.
"Hey."
"Good luck." I say, the awkwardness not leaving.
"Thanks, you too." He says before going on stage.
"Dat, dat, ohh, dat, dat, oo, da, da, ahhhhh ahhh, ahh ahh, uha." They start as Jesse enters.
"I've been living for the weekend. But no not anymore because here comes out what you're feeling, the pride of the famous four. I've been looking for some action and it's out there somewhere, I can feel the electricity all in the evening air and it may just be more of the same but sometimes you wanna go where everyone knows your name. So I guess I'll have to go wait and see but I'm just gonna let something brand new happen to me. But it's alright, it's alright, it's alright. Bright lights in the big city." I sigh as I watch, I know I'm not fully forgiven and I'm really hoping my plan will work. I catch Amy's pity look but ignore it. I love him, it's true, but I'm not in love with him. "We can open doors tonight. Night." Benji walks on stage. I didn't know he was in the Trebles! Maybe they aren't complete jerks after all. He was so upset when they didn't let him in. I got to know him through Jesse and he's a sweet guy, even if he is extremely nerdy but even I have an inner nerd.
"I've got the magic in me." And he can sing! "Every time I touch that track it turns into gold. Now everybody knows I've got the magic in me. When I hit the floor the girls come snapping it at me," It seems like he's gaining confidences with every word. "Now everybody wants some presto magic."
"My presto magic will blow your mind, pick a verse, any verse. I'll hypnotise your every line. I'll need a volunteer, how about you? With the eyes. Come right down to the front and sit right here, now don't be shy. So come one, come all and see the show tonight, prepare to be astounded no ghost or poltergeist. You know I'm no Pinocchio, I never told a lie. They call me mister magic man, I'm from cloud 9." A guy raps.
"I've got the magic in me."
"I've got that magic baby."
"Every time I touch that track it turns into gold."
"Yes it turns to gold."
"Magic. Magic, magic. Mamama magic magic ahoooo. I've got the magic in me!"

I turn to the group as the Trebles finish.
"I love you awesome nerds." I say, kind of shyly, my gaze directing its way towards Chloe.
"Yeah, you guys are pretty awesome. Even though some of you are pretty thin, you've all got fat hearts and that's what matters." Fat Amy says, looking like she's about to cry. Unlike what would have happened at the beginning we all nod and give each other warm looks. We're used to Fat Amy's remarks and, in their own way, they are extremely sweet. "Now let's crush this, okay?" She says, managing to get her cool back.
"The Barden Bellas!" Says the announcer and we all walk on stage. I'm in the lead and I hesitate for a second but then I feel a hand on my shoulder and I know it's Chloe's, I take a deep breath and walk on stage. There's a lot of clapping and cat whistles, we'd changed our outfits slightly. So they're not so tight and they look way cooler. I make sure everyone in position before blowing the pitch pipe.
"1, 2, 3, 4." I say quietly and Aubrey starts.
"Seems like everybody's got a price. I wonder how they sleep at night. When the sale comes first and the truth comes second, just stop for minuet and..smile." Chloe takes over in her beautiful, soft voice.
"Everybody look to the left, everybody look to the right. Can you feel that? Yeah, we're playing with love tonight." Lily's turn to put a twist on it.
"It ain't ever about the money." She says, her voice changing in a weird but nice sounding way. I'll never understand how she does it. Fat Amy and Cynthia Roses turn.
"It's not about the money, money, money. We don't need your money, money, money. We just wanna make the world dance, forget about the price tags. Oo, Cha Ching Cha Ching. Yeah, bla-bling bla-bling. We just wanna make the world dance, forget about the price tags."
"Price tags, forget about the price tags." We harmonise. Now for my go. I actually feel quite confident, especially after Chloe's song.
"Hey, hey, hey, hey. Won't you come see about me. I'll be alone, dancing you know it baby," This song is from Breakfast Club. It's my gift to Jesse, asking for forgiveness. I spot him in the crowd and we make eye contact. His head was down before but now it's up, staring at me, shocked. "Tell me your troubles and doubts, giving me everything inside and out. Don't you forget about me,"
"Your amazing." The girls sing in the background.
"Forget about me."
"Just the way you are."
"As you walk on by, will you call my name? As you walk on by, will you call my name? As you walk on by, will you call my name?" Jesse puts his hand up, fist closed and I know I'm forgiven. I put mine up too as the lights flash. "I'm singing, la, lalala, lalala, lalala lala tonight. I want all of you tonight, give me everything tonight cause all we know, we might not get tomorrow. Let's do it tonight! Forget what they say. Come on, who cares baby? I want you tonight." Stacie starts singing.
"Grab somebody sexy and tell them hey, you give me everything tonight, give me everything tonight." Cynthia Rose starts rapping.
"Take advantage tonight. Cause tomorrow I'm off to do battle,
"We just want to make the world dance,"
"For tonight, I can make you my queen."
"We just wanna make the world dance, we just wanna make the world dance, we just wanna make the world dance,"
"..and he a keep tip toeing and keep throwing and I got it like boom! This is no going! I can make it feel right baby, no promises for tomorrow but I promise tonight," I always love it when Fat Amy sings, she always adds her own little spark to it.
"Excuse me. I might have drunken a little bit more then I should tonight. I might take you home with me if I could, tonight,"
"Don't yooooou forget about me!" I thought it would be ironic if I put that in there.
"Baby, I don't what you'll get tonight. Forget about tomorrow, tonigh-nigh-nigh-nigh-nigh-nigh-na-na-na uh." My favourite part is the uh because there's a split second where everything is dead silent. "So I put my hand u-u-u-up, so I put my hand u-u-u-up. Oo, yeah, yeah. Don't you forget about me! Tonight, I will love love you tonight for all we know we might not get tomorrow, lets do it tonight." There's a really big round of applause as we finish, people screaming, people standing up (including the Trebles) and a lot of noise. I just stand there and take in lungful soft air. Really, really proud. We all line up and photos are taken, I end up in between Chloe and Aubrey. Aubrey turns around and hugs me, I hug her back. It was really weird but also amazing because who would've thought?
"Told you you're amazing!" Chloe yells to me over the noise before we walk off stage. I give her a warm smile and my minds made up. We walk down the stairs and to our seats.
"Told you, endings are the best part." Jesse says to me.
"You're such a weirdo." I say and he leans in, I lean in too but miss his lips and whisper in his ear. "I'm gay, doofus." And I shove him away by the chest, just like at hood night but this time he didn't quite stay on his feet. I turn to Chloe and claim her lips, wrapping my arms around her. I was worried for a split second because she didn't respond but then she was kissing me back and wrapping her arms around me too. I smiled into the kiss. This would've had to have been the best moment ever.

A/N
I know! It's so sad! It's over guys, it's over! Please tell me if you liked it. This was so much fun writing and thanks for following the story. Please let me know if you liked the ending. I love you awesome nerds!