Chapter 4

"Hermione, wait up!"

Hermione turned around, but when she realized it was Draco she frowned.

"What?"

He walked up to her, attempting to put on a cool facade, "Can we talk?"

"Why? Pansy too busy?" she snapped, trying to cover up her hurt expression.

"Listen-"

"No," she interrupted, "You listen. You think you can just come over here like I'm some second choice, you've got some nerve Mal-"

"Would you just shut up and listen to me?" he said exasperatedly.

Her eyes widened and she opened her mouth to reply, "You can't just start an argument with me a few days ago and then come over here and tell me to shut up! You can't always treat me like-"

"Nothing happened with Pansy."

She froze, "...What?"

He stepped forward and placed his hands on either side of her face, "Nothing. Happened. With. Pansy."

She blinked, completely confused, before she found her voice again.

"You idiot! Why didn't you just tell me that!" she said, shoving his chest.

He barely stumbled, smirking as he caught her hands in his, "Because I'm an arse."

"Gods I hate you." she mumbled, trying not to smile.

"Well I definitely don't hate you." he said, stepping closer to her, his hands still holding hers between their chests.

"You could have fooled me." she said softly.

He released one of her hands and tilted her chin up to look at him. "I'm sorry. Really I am. I know I'm an arse. Theo told me I was an arse. Blaise knows I'm an arse-"

"I know you're an arse too." she said, a small smile gracing her features.

"But I never meant to act like one to you."

"Then why did you?" she asked, looking up at him.

He took a deep breath, reminding himself that she wasn't like the rest of the girls he'd dated. He could trust her. He did trust her.

"I'm just bad with feelings Granger. It isn't really up my aisle of expertise." he said cracking a smile.

She let out a long sigh and shook her head, "I don't know what to say Malfoy."

"Say you forgive me." he said quietly, moving closer to her.

She looked up at him and smiled, "I forgive you."

He leaned down to kiss her, but she pulled back, "Uh-uh, I'm still mad at you."

He groaned, he'd wanted to kiss her for days now. "Granger, come on."

She shook her head, "Nope. You're going to have to make it up to me."

"How?" he asked slowly.

"Well for one," she said with a sweet smile, "I want you to be nice to Harry and Ron,"

He opened his mouth but she shot him a look, "Don't interrupt. And I want you to talk to me."

"Talk to you?" he asked, eyebrow raised.

"Yes, talk to me, instead of blowing up over something stupid like that."

"Alright," he said, "But then you need to trust me. Trust that I like you," he said, pulling her close to him again, "And not Pansy. Not anyone."