Chapter 16

The Great Hall was full of all those who were graduating that day, along with their parents and friends, and all the professors.

"I never thought I'd be graduating with you guys." said Ginny to Harry and Hermione.

And she wouldn't have, had it not been for the war.

"Well everything happens for a reason." said Harry, placing a kiss to Ginny's cheek.

Meanwhile Hermione scanned the crowded room looking for Draco, who would by this point no doubt be with his parents.

His parents who couldn't stand her.

Great.

She shook her head and turned her attention back to Harry and Ginny, who had begun talking about how they were going to redecorate Grimmauld Place.

"It's just so dark and dreary in there. We have to get some paint, new furniture, new appliances, fix the yard-"

"Ginny," interrupted Harry, a smile on his face, "One step at a time."

Ginny giggled and nodded, "Okay,"

"If we could have all of our graduates to the left of the stage at this time," announced McGonagall.

They had transformed the Great Hall into somewhat of an auditorium. There were rows of chairs seated in front of a stage. In the chairs sat professors, parents, family members, and friends.

Hermione scanned the audience, trying to imagine that her parents were seated right next to Molly and Arthur Weasley, because she knew they'd be extremely proud of their little girl.

Molly caught her eye and smiled, giving her a reassuring wave as if she knew what she'd been thinking. And even though it wasn't the same as if it had been her mother comforting her, it still made her feel better.

Just as she was going to turn her attention back to the Headmistress she saw Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy, and they were staring right at her.

Before she could think to do anything, Draco was standing in front of her.

"Hey," he said, a small smile on his face.

"Hey," she said, smiling back.

He pressed a soft kiss to her lips as McGonagall started calling off the names of the graduates to come onto the stage.

"My parents said they wanted to talk after the ceremony." he said softly.

Hermione's eyes almost popped out of her head, "What?"

"They want to go out for dinner and...talk I guess." he said, a bit confused himself.

"Oh," she said slowly, "Well okay then."

Draco kissed her cheek before taking his spot further back in line.

"And top of her class, Hermione Granger."

There was clapping and cheering as Hermione took the stage, but all she could think about was the upcoming dinner with Draco's parents.

After the ceremony was over Hermione made a beeline for Harry, Ginny, and the rest of the Weasley clan.

"Oh Hermione, we're so proud of you." exclaimed Molly, wrapping her up into a big hug.

Hermione smiled and hugged her back, along with Arthur, and the rest of the Weasley's.

"We're going out to dinner, are you coming?"

Hermione was about to respond when Narcissa, Lucius, and Draco walked up to her.