Chapter 7

The plot thickens...

"Hermione, you look gorgeous!" cooed Ginny, watching as she did a quick spin in her room.

"You think so?" she asked, self conscious. She wanted Draco's jaw to hit the floor when he saw her.

"Of course." said Luna, sliding into her dress.

"You both look beautiful," said Hermione.

Ginny had on a long light green satin ball gown on, with small jewels sewn into the bodice. Her hair was done and her makeup was perfect, thanks to Luna.

Luna had on a dark green flowy dress with a bronze ribbon around the waist to show at least some support for her house, since Slytherin was the only house lucky enough to have the holiday be representing their colors.

Hermione looked in the mirror, and was surprised by what she saw. It was her...but...better. Her wild curly mane of hair was tamed into manageable curls, her toffee eyes sparkled and stood out with a bronze colored eye-shadow and light eyeliner. Her dress hugged her body perfectly, and the color complemented everything about her perfectly as well.

There was a knock on the portrait and Ginny stuck her head out of the door, watching as a few of the younger Gryffindors opened the door. Blaise, Theo, Pansy, and Draco stepped into their common room, looking rather uncomfortable.

Ginny smiled and saw Harry motion to her. She nodded and turned back to Luna and Hermione, "Your dates are here, and mine is ready to go, so I'll see both of you at the dance." she hugged both of them and then dashed down the stairs and out the door past the uncomfortable group of Slytherin's.

Luna smiled and walked down the stairs, secretly pleased that Blaise's eyes about popped out of his head when he saw her.

He kissed her hand and said, "You look amazing."

She smiled, "Thank you."

She said hello to the rest of them and then turned to Draco, "She should be down in a minute. She was just putting on her shoes."

Pansy snorted, "The ugly duckling needs all the help she can-"

But Pansy's words died on her lips when they all noticed Hermione walking down the stairs. Draco's breath caught in his throat, and for a moment he was speechless.

Hermione smiled shyly at his friends, and Theo said, "You look lovely Hermione."

"Thanks, you all look amazing too."

She was disappointed that Draco hadn't said anything, but she wouldn't dwell on it. Tonight would be fun. And even if it wasn't, the look on Pansy's face when she'd come down the stairs had been well worth while.

"Everyone ready to go then?" asked Theo, taking an irritated Pansy's arm and steering her out of the door, closely followed by Luna and Blaise.

Hermione moved to follow them, but Draco grabbed her hand, and spun her into his arms.

"You look fucking beautiful." he whispered.

Her breath hitched at the look in his silver eyes, "Thank you." she managed to whisper back.

He slowly captured her lips in a kiss, his tongue stroking hers in a way that was almost erotic. She was certain that if he hadn't had his arms wrapped around her waist, she would have slid into a puddle of goo on the floor.

"We should go,"

He nodded reluctantly and released everything but her hand. He intertwined their fingers as they headed down to the Great Hall.