#11. Future and Past

Your POV

"Killua! let's go! We're late!" I shouted.

"I'm coming!" His voice replied from the hallway. I heard his footsteps tap down the stairs and we immediately took off.

This week Auntie Amee, my other aunt, asked us to help around with the little kids. I always enjoyed doing this before, I loved seeing their happy faces. These kids were training to be ninjas. It was pretty much ninja preschool. Then when they are big enough, they go to the academy with a head start. I remember hearing stories about Kian and Kaden when they went here. They cause even more trouble than they do today.

After we rushed over there, Auntie greeted us with a smile.

"Sorry we're late!" I said.

"Nah you're fine," she said kindly, "the kids are in recess."

"For a place that trains ninjas, it seems like a pretty normal preschool." Killua commented.

"Half of the time it is," Amee explained.  "But the other half of the time, they learn how to defend themselves properly and how to stay hidden. They don't learn any real techniques until they go to the academy."

We both nodded to show that we understood. When recess was over the kids swarmed the room and were filled with such energy. Killua and I didn't even have to introduce ourselves. They just welcomed us like we have been there since the beginning.

"Go horsy! Go!" One kid screamed as he jumped on Killua.

"No! He's gonna be my kitty!" A little girl wined, wrapping her entire body around his leg.

I giggled. "Looks like they really like you!"

Killua had an awkward look on his face like he didn't know how to act with children. "Help me!" He whispered as another kid started to climb him.

I giggled once more. "Why are you acting so stiff? They're just kids. You seem fine handling Alluka so what's the difference?" I said picking one of the kids up and carrying him.

"Alluka's a lot older. These kids are like toddlers." He argued more kids surrounded Killua. It was like they though he was some kind of jungle gym. "Hey calm down!" Killua said trying to sound stern and gentle at the same time, it didn't really work for him.

I was soon being tugged away by some other girls who were asking to play dolls and draw some doodles. I looked back at Killua who was now pulled down to the ground. "Good luck! I believe in you!" I said as they dog piled on top of him.

**********

It took a while for them to calm down, but Killua definitely got the rowdier ones. Eventually he got the hang of things. Once they stopped bouncing off the walls, we started teaching them about defense. At first we didn't know what to do. Neither of us have ever taught someone to fight before. We decided that the best way would be for us to demonstrate it for them.

"When you're defending yourself, make sure you're ready for your opponent. Keep your arms up and make sure you are protecting your vital parts." Killua began explaining.

I came at him with a slow simple attack so the kids could see clearly. Killua asked for volunteers to try and see if they could defend themselves properly. The kids really surprised us when they asked to kick it up a notch. The moves we were using were at the same level of an average street fighter. Bringing it up would go to the same level of some professional wrestler.

At this point it evolved into more than just defense class. The kids started sparring with each other and neither side held back. It was outstanding these kids were so talented.

In the midst of it all a debate started up. It was just the typical "Girls Vs Boys who's better" kind of stuff, but the kids were taking it a bit to seriously. I was able to relate because, who wouldn't want to state their superiority when you have the chance to physically fight someone for it. When the argument went on, they eventually turned to us.

"Who do you think is better? Girls or boys?"

We glanced at each other with worried faces. "Ummmm... Well... You see..."

"Fight!" One of the kids screamed. "The winner is better!"

We exchanged glances once more and sighed knowing that this would be the only way to satisfy them.

"You better not go easy on me." I said to Killua. Just because it's to settle a childish argument, didn't mean I couldn't have a friendly match with Killua and go all out.

"I wouldn't dream of it" he replied. Just by hearing that I knew he felt the same way. We kind of agreed that we wouldn't use our nen or anything special without saying anything. It was just gonna be a fair skin to skin fight.

By the end of it I won by using a dirty little trick. It was practically the oldest one in the book. It went down like this:

"What is that?" I said.

"What is wha-"

And then boom. I ended it. It was that simple.

**********

Killua's POV

I was pretty bummed for a while since I let her get away with a trick like that but I didn't mind. I could always get her back later. The boys were pretty upset about it too but after that they were amazed by some of the moves we used during the fight.

Now I was just cleaning up the room after the kids went to sleep. I smiled at myself, it felt that we were a married couple that was taking care of their own children. We probably wouldn't have this many kids but I couldn't help but feeling happy while thinking about it.

(Y/n) went out a while ago to buy us both some celebration snacks for a successful first day on the job. She should be coming back soon.

I walked back to our own rooms once I was done cleaning. I ran into Cole when I got there. "Have you seen (y/n)" i asked thinking that she would meet me back at here."

"Nope," he replied. "Haven't seen her all day." I nodded and walked into my room and waited.

After another hour she still didn't come home. I asked everyone if they saw her around but I got the same answer every time.

I started to pace myself, trying to figure out what could have happened. Being like this reminded me of that time before. When she didn't come home. I remembered how worried I was. How I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about her. How thinking of the worst made my stomach churn and made my heart break. Now it's just like then.

Something happened to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN: Hello you beautiful creatures!!

I feel really evil right now. The beginning of this chapter was so cute and then the end just... I mean what happened to the reader?! Maybe I should have warned everyone some shit is about to go down. Just take this as your warning.

Haha go ahead and hate me for the cliffhangers. But cut me some slack, gotta keep it interesting some how.

I Hope you enjoyed!

Thanks for reading!

Tell me what you think!

❤️See you next time!🍉