#16. Storms

Killua's POV

I stood paralyzed. I didn't know what to do now. That was my last chance to help her. Why wouldn't she let me?

"Killua," she whispered weakly, "You can't use Nanika to help me."

"Why not?" I said desperately.

"Because then I'd lose you." Her voice was getting quieter.

"What are you talking about! If I don't I'll lose you!" I said, the tears were burning to come out.

"He told me that's what he wanted." She coughed and took some breaths before continuing to talk. "If you use Nanika, then he'll be able to find us again and he'll be able to take her."

"I don't care! I'll do it anyway! It hurts me to see you like this!" I said almost screaming.

She looked at me dead in the eye. "If Alluka gets taken away then so do you. I don't want to lose either of you."

"But-" She cut me off.

"If you use Nanika, I will hate you."

I looked down as watery tears rolled down my face. I was trembling.

"Don't worry," she said with a forced smile, "I'll be fine. Trust me."

Suddenly the monitor started beating rapidly. Amee checked her out carefully. "She's going into shock! I need help!"

Other nurses rushed in and we were pushed out of the room. I was so scared. All we could do was wait now. We sat in silence. There was nothing to say. We were all pretty worried.

3 hours later, Amee came out with news. "There's good news and bad news."

I exchanged looks with the others. "I think I could use some good news."

Amee smiled. "The good news is that she's going to be fine. Her wounds will heal properly and she'll live on."

A wave of relief came over me. "Thank God." It felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Then the sad look she had before returned to Amee's face. "The bad news is, she is in a coma and there is no telling when she will be waking up. Or if she ever will."

**********

I left the hospital after that. When I said it hurt to see her in such I state, I meant it. It may even be a bit of an understatement. I couldn't stand the thought of it.

I walked around aimlessly. The sky above was dark with thunder clouds. Some people were still out in the streets, they were all carrying umbrellas or rushing to get somewhere before the rain started. I felt the first drop of rain on my head. Seconds after that, it started pouring. The people on the streets diminished as many of them rushed to find dry shelter from the rain.

I didn't care anymore. I walked naturally as the raindrops came down on me, showing no sign of stopping. I let my warm tears mix with the cold rain. That way, no one could tell the difference. When I opened the door to the house we all shared, I was soaked to the bone.

I heard footsteps thumping down the stairs.

"Onii-chan!" Alluka cheered, wrapping her arms around me tightly. "I was worried sick! I'm so glad your okay."

I felt ashamed for my reaction. Instead of  being a good brother and comforting her, returning her embrace and reassuring her, I acted stiff and distant. Like I couldn't recognize her, like she was a stranger. I came to my senses and forced a smile. 

"I promised I'd  be back," I said trying to sound comforting.

She pulled away and looked me in the eyes. "Is something wrong? Where is (Y/n)?" 

I looked away. "It's nothing, she'll be fine." I didn't have the heart to tell her the truth. I started to walk past her and head to my room. "I'm kinda tired, so I'm gonna dry off and get some rest."

She nodded and sent me off with an "okay."

********** 

Thunder roared from outside. A flash of lightning struck the gray, clouded sky. I laid flat on my bed wide awake. There was no way I was gonna be able to sleep. After worrying about (y/n) for so long, and after everything we've been through together, I felt so lost. I stopped crying a while ago. I just couldn't anymore. I tried falling in love in this cruel world, but now that I have, a storm came in and ruined everything. What was the point? 

Alluka's POV

I sat down in a chair, biting at the tip of my thumb nail. It turned  into a force of habit when I got nervous. Something seemed off about Onii-chan. I was worried about him. I was worried about (y/n) too since I haven't seen her yet. I wanted to trust Onii-chan's words and believe that she was okay, but I had a bad feeling.

"Hey Alluka, are you okay?" Calix's voice came from behind.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said plainly. "I just feel like Onii-chan is hiding something from me."

"I can help you find out what it is, if  you want." He suggested.

I had to consider his offer for a moment. I shook my head. "No, I don't think I should. I trust him, and if he doesn't want to tell me something, then it's probably best I don't find out."

"Okay, I understand." Calix said cheerfully," Wanna play a game to try and get your mind off it?"

It didn't take a second for me to decide on that offer. "That sounds like a great idea!" I was glad to have someone like him to cheer me up. He always knew how. 

He looked back and smiled at me, "Well come on then! Let's Go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN: Hello you beautiful creatures!!

This book is becoming so tragic. Jeez, I just need Alluka to be happy with Calix at the end of this, it was such a relief. It was finally real good news.

I wonder how long the reader is gonna be in a coma. Or if she ever gets out of the coma.

omg Im so cruel. XD

Thanks for reading!

Tell me what you think!

❤️See you next time!🍉