#12. It's My Turn

Your POV

I woke up with a jolt and a pounding headache. My breathing was slow and heavy. All I could see was darkness all around me. I was cold. I felt disoriented and scattered. My mind was a jumbled mess and everything came into focus all at once. I lying in the center of a dreary room, what seemed to be a dungeon of some sort. My body felt weak, I could barely stand. Once I regained some strength, I lifted myself off the ground and managed to get up on my feet. I looked around, not knowing where I was or how I got here.

Suddenly, all of the memories came flooding in like a bad dream.

I was on my way back from the store. The cool evening air was refreshing and I carried bags of snacks to celebrate our first day on the job. Although, it wasn't long before I felt that I was being followed. It was an alarming presence but I chose to ignore it anyway.

Before I knew it, I couldn't move. My muscles went numb and I no longer had control of my body. With weak limbs, I fell to my knees. I could feel everything getting darker. I tried to stay awake but I couldn't. Out of the darkness I saw a shadowy figure walk towards me. The last thing I could remember was him saying, " I think I've waited long enough. It's finally my turn."

A wave of nausea came over me. I fell to my knees once again as I spit up whatever food I had left in me. I wiped my mouth, moving away from the vomit. I crawled towards the wall and sat with my back against the corner. I wrapped my arms around my legs, hugging them tightly to my body. This was all I could manage to do, I felt so weak.

It wasn't long before the shadowy figure from before returned. He was tall with long jet-black hair and his face was emotionless. "So I assume you know where you are by now?" He said to me, stating rather than asking a question.

I didn't respond. I just stared at him. Who was he? What did he want from me?

My silence didn't faze him. "Do you want to know who I am?"

I said nothing.

"Do you want to know why you are here?" He said.

More silence.

"I guess not." He said, his tone matching his facial expression. "Since you don't want to know that, I'll tell you one thing."

I looked away.

"I tortured my brother in this chamber. I'm sure you know him more than well."

My eyes widened. He was Killua's brother? I remember asking him about him but he barley said anything.

I still didn't look at him. "What do you want from me?" I muttered bitterly.

"Other than for you to stay away from my brother, I don't want anything from you." His presence was menacing. " I don't have to worry about you and Killua anymore anyway, because I'll kill you after this is over.

"What?" I said with a shaky voice. I looked up at him as fear surged throughout my body.

He leaned down close to me, we were eye to eye. I wanted to push him away, run, escape, but I was paralyzed with fear.

"You're the precious bait."

Killua's POV

After a sleepless night of pondering and worrying about where she could be, I finally came to one possible outcome. The thing I dreaded for most. I remember when she first came up to me to talk about it. She seemed a bit nervous. When she told me, I got so scared. I ended the conversation quickly. But why now?

I need help and I turned to the first person I could think of. Normally it would have been Gon, but since he was not here, I probably would have went to Cole or maybe Quin. But surprisingly I went to Anya and Amee.

It was early in the morning but the two of them were already up helping with the kids. I forgot that we were supposed to be there. I didn't even think of what the kids would feel when they found out about (Y/n). I just blurted it out the moment I saw them.

"(Y/n) went missing." I said worriedly. By the way everyone stared at me, I must have looked like a maniac. I had dark circles under my eyes and my hair was a mess. If it was any other time, I could go with three sleepless nights in a row but the stress was killing me. "I think she got kidnapped."

Everyone was shocked. Anya and Amee stood with their jawsdropped and the kids were still trying to understand, as if they couldn't believe what they were hearing. I wouldn't blame them, I didn't want to believe it either. After being stunned by the news, the two women's expression changed into a stern and serious look. They told the kids to sit still while they figured out what was happening.

After I told them where and when I last saw her, Amee and Anya instantly started to plan.

"It may have been one of our enemy clans." Anya said biting her lip.

"It wouldn't be the first time." Amee muttered. "They've captured us and we've broken out. We've done the same to them and we can do it again if we have to."

It surprised me to hear that. It made sense. A big group of highly trained ninja's are definitely gonna have some enemies. It's the same for assassins. When you make a living out of killing people, you're definitely gonna have people who want revenge.

"It's not that." I interrupted.

The two ladies stared at me, urging me to go on. Before I could continue, there was a small commotion among the children.

"What happened to (Y/n)-chan?" A little girl asked.

A small boy said with a bitter tone, "She's probably gonna die."

"She is the strongest person ever!" She said in disbelief.

"(Y/n)-chan isn't coming back." The boy retorted.

"Stop it! She's definitely coming back." The girls eyes started to water.

I looked at them with wide eyes. It was easy to forget that they were just kids. Although some treated as it was nothing, many of them seemed pretty shaken. It may have been good that they thought she was dead. It would probably help with their training to be ninjas, they would learn to be able to deal with death at a young age. I know it's a hard thing to deal with. But they way some of them handled it bothered me.

I looked back at the two women in front of me. I could tell the same thoughts were running through their heads.

I  forced a smile and tried to comfort the kids. "Don't worry, she's coming back. I guess I was over reacting a bit." I said comforting the small girl. I looked at the boy with the bitter tone, "You shouldn't give up on her that easily. You shouldn't give up on the people you care about at all. You should believe in their power."

The little boy nodded and the girl came up to me. "You promise she is gonna come back?"

"Promise."

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN: Hello you beautiful creatures!!

I finally updated! YAY

So remember back in the first book when Illumi was being an Ass. Well now he's back. I'm pretty proud of this chapter. I think it is pretty good.

Tell me what you think!

I hope you enjoyed!

Thanks for reading!

❤️Until next time!🍉