#13. Rescue

Killua's POV

The sun was beginning to go down. I wasted so much time, the kids almost had me believing that nothing was wrong. That maybe (y/n) just wondered off somewhere and that at any moment she would come in safe and sound. When I barged in to tell Amee and Anya the news, they got scared, immediately thought of the worst. Then after a bit, we were able to think rationally, that she was able to escape on her own. But as the hours passed, we all knew the truth. I couldn't stop worrying about her, like it would get swallowed in the fear of losing her.

I rushed towards the front gates to leave. The sky was beginning to get darker and the shadows started to stretch out. I wasn't cold, but chills ran up my spine. I just had no idea if I could save her, but I have to do it if it's the last thing I do.

"Onii-chan." A small voice called put. "Are you gonna go save (y/n)-chan now?"

I was shocked. It was Alluka. All I could do was nod.

"Let me come with you!" She pleaded.

I shook my head. "You know I can't let you come. If you get hurt, I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

"But you can't do this alone! Onii-chan, you need help." She said desperately.

"She's right you know." A familiar voice said from behind us.

"You're not the only one who wants to save her." Said another voice.

I turned around to see five others standing behind me. Quin, Cole, Iris, and The Twins. I stared at each of them surprised.

"We may hate each others guts, but we're still step sisters." Quin said.

"We're helping you wether you like it or not," One of the twins said with a smirk.

"So it's settled then." Iris smiled.

Alluka cheered."Yay! we're all gonna save (y/n)!"

I looked at my sister. She really wanted to help. I kneeled down so we were face to face. "You know by now who we're up against right?"

She nodded, her cheerful expression she had just seconds ago transformed into sadness.

"You have to stay here." I said calmly. I saw tears forming, her eyes glossy. I patted her head reassuringly. "It's okay. I'll be back before you know it. I promise."

With a sad look she nodded once more. "You better keep your promise." She said, hugging me tight.

I then pulled away to face the others.

"Hanzo can stay here and watch Alluka. That way she's not alone." Iris confirmed. "Calix will be there too."

"So who are we up against here?" Cole asked.

"My brother, Illumi."

**********

The six of us went off to look for (y/n). We ran at high speeds but slow enough to conserve our energy. I explained to them everything about my brother. I told then his abilities and powers. How powerful he is. I even told them about how he stuck a needle in my head and how he made me paralyzed with fear back at the hunters exam. I made sure they knew how dangerous he was.

"So where do we go first?"

There was probably more than a million places he could be. Each place had it's own dreary vibe that gave you chills. And each one was probably swarming with needle-men. Although, I had a strong premonition that my brother was hiding in the place I hated deeply, the place I vowed myself to never go back.

"He's gonna be waiting at my house." I informed them. "Probably in the basement where they tortured me."

They all nodded and we all set off in that direction.

It was a long way from (y/n)'s estate and mine, considering that they are in completely different countries. We didn't have time to wait for a plane ticket so we were going on foot. Going continuously, we could get there in seven hours. But that was too long for me. As we kept going, I continued to to go faster and faster. I was tempted to go into godspeed.

Narrator's POV

"Killua, slow down. You've already gone two full nights without sleep. We should all rest." Iris pleaded, trying to keep up.

"No. I have to keep going!" The boy said stubbornly.

"You need to take a break! You won't have any energy to fight!" The girl argued.

"But I can't stop or else (y/n) might gonna get hurt!" He shouted. "I need to save-"

His words were cut off as he fell into the girls arms. Iris had hit him on the back of the neck, knocking him unconscious. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

Everyone finally stopped and was able to take a break. The others were breathing heavily as they were going full speed to keep up with Killua.

"We'll all rest here for the night." Iris announced. "By sunrise we'll be up and moving." She dragged Killua by his shirt and tied him to the base of a tree. "The moment he regains consciousness, he's gonna take off and he's definitely not going to wait for us. This is  just incase." She explained.

Everyone understood and accepted the circumstances. They all fell asleep peacefully. When morning came, everyone had their energy back. Now that they were refreshed, all of them would be able to make it there by sundown if the hurried. When the group looked at Killua, he was surprisingly still asleep.

Killua's POV

I woke up with a jump. I was sweaty and my heart was beating fast. I was also... Tied to a tree? I looked at the other's for an explanation.

"Are you okay?" One of the twins asked. "It looked like you were having a nightmare."

"We had to knock you unconscious and tie you up to the tree because you were gonna run away without us if we didn't." The other twin finished.

The two of them seemed so mature than all the other times I've spent with them. They kept their childish smiles, but deep down I could see how scared they were about (Y/n). I could see it in everyone.

I let what they said process in my brain. A sinking feeling of guilt came over me. "Thanks, I needed this. I've calmed down now, you can let me go." Last night I was so worried about (Y/n) I forgot how everyone else was feeling. I was being selfish and didn't consider that the others felt the same way I do. They were her family and her closest friends, some of them may even be worse than me. The others just stronger and were able to hide it better.

They let me go when I asked them to. Everyone else was ready to go around me. They were waiting for me to lead them. I just realized I never specified where my house was. I felt a little embarrassed after that. Finally, I was able to think, somewhat clearly.

The moment my house came into my view, a mixture of rage and fear swirled inside me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN: Hello you beautiful creatures!!

Some shits about to go down guys! I'm really excited about these chapters. Omg. I can't. *squeals excitedly* I'm ashamed of myself for making such a high pitched girly noise. That is not like me at all. Ummmm, anyway....

Thanks for reading!

Tell me what you think!

❤️See you next time!🍉