[5] Toodles

When I woke up, it was nearly 2 am. The dark red sheets that covered me seemed to trap me and pin me to the bed. The pillow felt harder than a rock under my head as I twisted and turned, trying to fall back to sleep. But nothing worked. Again.

Sighing, I gave up. I sat up from the bed and looked around the room they had given me. The walls were a dark red, matching the bed, and the floor was dark oak wood, like Hayden's office. Bookshelves lined the walls, and a desk with a computer sat opposite the main door. A small bathroom was next to the desk.

I looked down at my outfit, wondering why I had accepted Kate's very girly clothes. I was wearing a hello kitty short short and tank top matching set. I rolled my eyes at the childness of it all before throwing off the sheets and jumping out of bed.

After putting on the outfit I had worn when I came here, I logged onto the laptop and went online to the secure access the gang had created, the brightness of the screen blinding me for a second. I quickly typed in Jewelry stores and looked at the results.

A small store was located about 4 miles from here. After doing some research on their website, and a bit of hacking on their security detail, I learned they have a trip wire alarm if any of the glass is opened or broken. Luckily, I'm not going for a glass case.

When I was sure I had memorized all the details, I deleted everything I had gone through and walked out my room's door. I peered my head out into the jail like halls, straining my ears for any sound throughout the dark, empty hall, though the only sound I heard was that of my heart beating in my chest.

I let the door click behind me before I creeped my way towards the exit of the gang's base. I looked at the first door I passed, Hayden's room. Through the crack under the door I could see he was in bed and I quickly continued down the hall.

Hayden had gone to bed about 3 hours after me. I had heard him creep in slowly next door as the silent click echoed in the hall. Most people wouldn't have heard it, but I'd honed my hearing to catch the slightest sound for when I'm dealing with safes.

After going up the winding stairs, and shifting the front lid to the side, I walked out into the old warehouse.

Dust filled the air and pooled around my feet. The wood crates and boxes were still there, surrounding the back as if the warehouse was used for storage. The guards were no longer here. Guess they didn't need to guard the base if no one can find it.

I walked out the large iron doors of the warehouse, cringing as the hinges creaked and whined as the doors slid past. My eyes searched frantically in the dark, making sure no one saw me as I ran to the back where my bike was still hidden.

After mounting her and turning on her silent engine, I rode out onto the road and towards my next high.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The jewelry store wasn't very large. In fact it was down right pathetic. The windows had mannequins wearing jewelry but it wasn't as high end as I hoped it'd be. Sure they had their value, but it was nothing compared to $550,000 classified information.

I sighed in disappointment, but nevertheless set out to do what I started out.

I paced in front of the glass windows, analyzing the front before stopping in front of it. I had already frozen the cameras in the area before I stepped out of the shadows and into their views so I was safe from exposure.

I crouched in front of the door, finding an easy key lock, only one. I rolled my eyes at the worthless security they had before quickly pulling out a pick from my pocket. I carefully played with the clock, hearing it click here and there silently before the final, louder click. I grinned in satisfaction before standing back up and walking inside.