[11] Gold

After leaving the base, and Hayden, behind, I found my bike that was still hidden in the side and drove out to the mansion. The motor was silent as I swerved in and out of traffic, the wind violently throwing my hair back.

Soon I reached the tall golden gates. I parked my bike on the side road behind some bushes before crouching and making my way to the front. I hid behind the walls, watching as the security guard read a magazine through the small window.

I took a few steps back and took a breath before running towards the wall. My feet hit the wall as I ran up and jumped, reaching for the edge. I looked down at the what could be around a 7 foot high jump before hauling myself up over the edge. My nails bit into my fingers as I pulled my weight before falling off the other side and rolling to a stop.

I stood up in a crouch, surveying the area. The large mansion stood tall and proud at about 3 stories. Why someone would decide to have so many floors and stairs is beyond me. Good thing I wasn't interested in anything above ground. The cameras should still be frozen so I quickly ran across the yard, sticking to the darkest parts of the shadows. I didn't have to pick the door since Jay had already done it.

The inside of the mansion was just as glorious as the outside. A large chandelier hung from the high ceiling. The long, winding stairs caught my attention and I nearly choked on all the steps. I focused back on the mission and went in search of the basement.

What Hayden didn't know was that I already had almost every corner of this mansion memorized. I knew every knick and every knack you could find, so finding the basement was as easy as finding a white girl in Mexico.

The security panel next to the door was showing a green light. I rolled my eyes at the stupidity. It was a shitty ADT alarm system. To think they fucked up on this easy security made me feel quite ashamed that I almost hooked up with Hayden, then I remembered his abs and the shame quickly went away.

I pressed into my bracelet, revealing a small screwdriver. I plucked it out and got to work. After opening the box, exposing all the different colored wires, I pulled out a small wire cutter from the bracelet, picked out the right wire and cut it. I let out a sigh of relief when no sound came in alarm.

I closed the box back up but made sure the green light stayed on no matter what, so Jorgen wouldn't find out it was broken until the next time he tries to disable it.

After making sure the alarm was disabled properly, I opened the door to the basement and walked silently down the stairs. Ugh, stairs. My feet hit the concrete floor of the basement and I was met with a hilarious sight. Jay was still crouched against the safe with his cheek smooshed against it.

"I already disabled the alarm, you know." I said walking towards him. Jay stiffened before relaxing and turning to me.

"What are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to be watching us from the base?" He asked with confusion plastered on his face.

"Yeah, but then you couldn't pick the lock, so I had to rescue your ass. Granted, Hayden was all but for the idea and nearly locked me up to keep me from coming." I shrugged as I crouched next to the vault, listening to those three little ticks and telling Jay to shut up.

Soon enough I had the vault open. I looked to Jay to see his jaw slacked. "What?"

He looked at his watch and then back to me. "It took me more than 30 minutes and I didn't even unlock it and you did it in less than 5 minutes." I rolled my eyes as I stood up.

"I'm the best at what I do remember?" I swung open the vault, revealing all the money. "Right!" I picked up the duffel bags and walked inside towards the stacks of gold. "Let's get to work."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How the hell did you carry three duffel bags of gold up the stairs so easily?!" I asked Jay as I hauled the one bag. Don't anyone ever tell you gold is light. It's fucking not.

"I'm a guy, Ava." He said in amusement while throwing the bags into the car. I literally saw the car bounce up and down from the weight. I groaned as I put in my bag and walked to my bike.

"You guys go ahead, I'll follow." I said putting on my helmet. Kate and Jay nodded before getting in the car.

Minutes later we were back at the base. Everyone was already in the lounge waiting for us. Hayden was fuming and already sending a glare my way. I rolled my eyes and sat on the couch, stretching out my back.

"So, how was everyone's day?" I asked with a grin. Tiffany obviously glared at me.

"Where were you? Weren't you supposed to be here watching us or something?" She asked. Her hair was still disheveled from the dancing and her clothes were slightly misplaced. I had newfound respect for the girl. She managed to pull in more than 30 guys to watch her and she managed all that without throwing up. Kudos.

"I was here, then Jay couldn't open the safe and ended up letting the alarm turn back on, so I had to go and bust him out."

"Here I have the video." Kate said just as the large screen television turned on. First it showed nothing, then slight movement in the corners in the dark.

"I don't see anything." She complained. I rolled my eyes and stood up, tracing my hand over the dark and following my form.

"That's me." Her eyes widened when I suddenly popped out of the shadows and walked inside the mansion.

"Damn..." Sean said watching intently.

The camera shifted to the inside where I quickly found the basement. It showed me open the box and cut the wires.

"How'd you know which wire? It was ADT security, only the people inside know how to rewire them." Sarah asked softly.

"I might have worked there for a while to learn about the security." She raised her eyebrows. "How do you think I learn about this shit? I don't learn as I go, I do my research." She nodded with amusement before looking back to the screen.

"I already disabled the alarm, you know." Then the video showed me crouching down.

"She opened the vault in 4 minutes and 43 seconds." Jay said in awe as he watched the numbers on the side countdown. I huffed in disappointment. It should have been less than that. "If it wasn't for her, the rest of the mission wouldn't have been finished and I would have probably been arrested. So far my track record is clean, I don't need it soiled."

"You've never been arrested?" I asked leaning forward.

"None of us have. We stay clear out of trouble, or so the cops think. We've never been caught before so they can't try anything with us. I think Hayden's been to prison once though..." Kate responded making me look to Hayden.

"6 years."

"What'd you do?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Killed my dad for the position as the head of the gang." I grinned.

"Nice."

"You've been arrested?" I looked to Kyle who actually spoke and slyly had his arm around Sarah. I pretended not to notice and answered.

"Sure, lots of times during my younger years. Let me tell you, it's so hard to get into the thieving business when you've got paparazzi on your ass." I accidently let the paparazzi part slip.

"Why were they on your ass?" Tiffany asked incredulously.

"Um..." I shifted my eyes before thinking of an answer. "Cause I'd done some shit before that caught their attention and that's all I'm saying." I said standing up from the couch. "Anyways, put the 5k on my tab yeah?" I winked at Hayden.

"What 5k?" Sean asked.

"I charged 5k for saving Dumbo here." I ruffled Jay's hair making him grimace.

"You charged us for you saving him?" Kate asked looking slightly hurt. I softened but shrugged in indifference.

"I'm a business woman." I turned and started walking out the lounge. "BTW at least half of the money in one of the bags is mine." I threw over my shoulder. "Toodles." I blew Hayden a kiss before walking out into the hallway.