[7] Priceless

"Would you stop touching things?" I exclaimed as I swatted Kate's hand away from the glass.

We were currently waiting at one of my black market dealers, a jeweler who knows all about the prices on the markets. He's usually a cheap ass, but he knows that if he doesn't trade fairly with me I'd just steal all his merchandise.

The first time we met, he'd try to buy a diamond off of me for only $5k. It was worth about $15k according to an expert I had look at it. He'd kept insisting it wasn't worth that much but I could see the way his eyes shifted greedily towards the diamond. I rejected the deal and later that night had snuck into his shop and taken his most prized collection.

The next day I showed up he was in a state of panic. Before he could say a word I placed his collection on the counter with a blank face. His face turned red in anger as he shouted at me for an explanation. I waited for him to shut up before telling him that if he tried to scam me out of a fair deal again, I'd take everything he had.

He didn't believe me so I took the rest of his shop the next night and when I showed up in the morning, he finally agreed. I gave him all of his stuff in good faith and ever since he's traded fairly with me.

The very large store had different types of jewels, rare or not, cut to perfection or still raw, all in glass cases. The walls were lined with shelves of necklaces and the counter held the finest rings. Women in fancy clothes and dresses looked at the jewels in want and greed, ignoring Kate's and my presence.

Kate was in awe as she reached to touch a diamond almost the size of my fist. And I finally got tired of swatting her hands away. I grabbed the handcuffs from my belt and cuffed Kate. She gaped at me in shock as I ignored her and tapped the counter bell once more.

"Did you seriously just cuff me?" She asked flabbergasted. I barely glanced at her as I answered.

"I got tired of telling you to keep your hands to yourself. Touch anything and he'll make you buy it under believing you are destroying its integrity." Her eyes widened.

"Sheesh, really? Seems a bit much isn't it?" She asked eyeing the diamond.

"Justin's a cheap ass so no, it's not."

"I feel the love, Sam." The masculine voice made me turn to the counter, revealing Justin behind the counter.

His brown eyes slipped their gaze towards the pouch in my hand and suddenly glimmered greedily. His blonde hair was slicked back perfectly, keeping up his gentlemanly appearance, when in reality he was anything but.

"Hey Justin, I was wondering if I could see some stuff in the back? These aren't satisfying what I want." I said naturally, aware of the women standing near us, eavesdropping on the conversation I was having with the hunk.

"Of course." He lifted the bench, allowing Kate and I to walk towards the back. "Right this way." He nodded his head slightly in respect.

Once we were behind the silk curtains, the light came on revealing shelves filled with boxes. We walked passed them all with Kate trailing slightly behind. He reached the farthest wall and placed his hand on it. The lamp flickered slightly as he pushed, revealing another room.

Guns, poisons, bombs, spy gear, and the best things a criminal could want to buy, were all stocked up on shelves among shelves. I heard Kate's steps stop as she took in the scene as Justin walked behind the counter and I placed the pouch on the class.

"What do you have for me today, Sam?" He asked greedily looking at the pouch.

I rolled my eyes and opened the pouch, setting the various rubies on the counter. Justin's eyes widened as he slowly picked one up, admiring it.