[3] Lover Boy

"Who the hell are you?!" Trevor bellowed at me, making me roll my eyes and hop down from the box, immediately all the guns were cocked and I put my hands up with a grin.

"Easy there fellas, I'm just one little girl, do you really need all those big ol' guns?" I asked innocently.

"Put em down." A deep, husky voice said and immediately all the guns were put down. I looked at the man next to Trevor with a smirk.

"Now, Trevor, you didn't strike me as the smartest in the bunch during our meeting," I said walking towards them. "But honestly, how can you forget me so easily?" I put my hand on my waist as I sent him a smirk.

"No, Night Thief had blonde hair and had better clothes." He narrowed his eyes and I rolled my eyes turning to the taller one.

"I'm guessing you're the head of the Silver Knives?" I raised my eyebrows finally getting a good look at him.

The man had a perfectly chiseled jaw, high cheekbones, snakebite piercings (which I happen to find sexy as hell) on his perfect lips and the most vibrant, forest green eyes I'd ever seen. He had large broad shoulders and perfectly sculptured arms crossed over his muscular chest. He wore a black leather jacket and black jeans along with a black t-shirt. He looked around 6'4 as he looked down at me with no emotion.

"Hayden, and yes, I am. Who exactly might you be?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"I swear you must be brothers if you haven't gotten it by now." They looked at each other with raised eyebrows. "Oh, you are brothers. I see it now." I said leaning on my tip toes, looking closer at their faces. "Anyways, I'm the Night Thief, though that's just my screen name. And for the record, Trevor, I did tell you I wouldn't look the same when I came here." I said looking at my nails.

They still wouldn't budge so I sighed and leaned in closer and whispered. "Code word was Hummingbird because it was the name of a song someone sang." They both stiffened and their eyes grew wide. "There, now you know. Now what's this job that I get to name my price for?" I asked leaning back and forth on the balls of my feet.

Suddenly I was looking at the bottom of two different gun barrels. I stopped swinging and let out a sigh. "Really guys?" They didn't put the guns down. "I didn't want to have to do this, but here it goes." I reached down to my shirt and they both cocked their guns. "Chill." I snapped at them but they kept their glares.

I lifted up my shirt revealing a tracker on my belt. "This is a tracker." They both stiffened again. "If my pulse stops, then this tracker will send a signal back home, all the evidence the police needs to lock the both of you up for good will be sent to them." I put my shirt down and sent them both a large smile.

"You're bluffing." Hayden said.

"I could be." He smirked and took a step closer. "But then how would I know about the double homicide that you guys paid Officers Keith and Jones to say was a murder suicide?" His face paled and he took a step back. "Yeah, see I wouldn't know that if I was bluffing would I?" I tilted my head to the side with a concerned expression on my face.

"How do you know about that?" Trevor's panicked voice made me turn my eyes to him.

"Oh, you know, just some research, some spying, some sneaking into the FBI for security tapes and restricted files, no biggy, just regular research." I winked at him as I turned to the box and sat back on it. "Anyways, business." I looked at them both with a smile and they reluctantly put their guns down.

"Not here." Hayden said as he walked to the box I was sitting on and hit the side. The front lid slid down, revealing a staircase. I grinned at them and hopped down.