[14] Dog Leash

The cop had chased us down 12 blocks before losing us. Hayden was pissed off, but that was my revenge for making me want to leave. I pulled off my helmet and got off my bike, turning to face the warehouse I had left 4 days ago. Jay ran out through the front door frantically, and when his eyes landed on me he tackled me into a hug.

"You bitch! I thought you left us!" I chuckled and patted his back. I looked over his shoulder and noticed everyone else standing in the back. Once Jay let me go Kate walked up to me, stared at me for a few seconds with an unreadable expression, narrowed her eyes, then slapped me.

My head whipped to the side from the force and I could feel my cheek throbbing. I wiggled my jaw back into place and looked at her with a grin. "Missed you too." She flung herself around my neck and tackled me to the ground.

"I hate you so much right now." She mumbled into my shoulder. "You left me with them alone!" She pointed at Sarah and Tiffany on the side. I laughed and threw my head back.

"Oh! The Horror!" I shouted to the skies.

"Ooh, someone get my camera, this might get interesting." Sean said stepping up, taking in the fact that Kate was still straddling me.

"Trust me Sean, your perverted ass will never see Kate and I do anything like that if we're sober." I winked at him and he chuckled, pulling us up. "Missed ya sport." He ruffled my hair as I slipped on a glower.

"Don't touch the hair."

"I like the brunnette. It's nice." Trevor said with his hands in his pockets. I grinned and attacked him with my own hug.

"Baby gangster!" He watched me amused and patted me on the back. I let go and looked at Kyle. "No comment?" I tilted my head amused. He shrugged.

I took advantage of his tall bulky frame and jumped on him.He stood without moving, letting me hang onto him with my legs wrapped around his middle and arms around his neck. "I missed you the most." I snuggled into his neck, ignoring the looks from the others. "How's Sarah?" I whispered into his ear making him stiffen. I chuckled and let him go, ignoring Tiffany and turning to Sarah. "Sarah." I said sticking my hand out to shake. I pretended not to notice the slight glare she sent my way as she took my hand in a powerful grip. I leaned in and whispered. "You should stop waiting and screw him already." She stiffened as I pulled back, noticing how they both looked at each other and blushed, looking away. I grinned once more.

"The Big Happy Family," I said looking around, "how lovely."

"Bitch." Tiffany coughed, noticing how I was ignoring her. My eyes widened and I turned to Tiffany.

"Omg! I almost forgot about you! I have a present for you!" Her eyes narrowed in suspicion but gleamed with curiosity and greed as I walked to my bike. I pulled out a box and handed it to her. She glared before opening the box, staring at it for a few moments before she dropped it and started running after me. I laughed and ran away with the advantage since she was still in heels.

"Oh my God! She got her a dog leash!!" Kate was on the floor laughing as she held the pink, jeweled dog leash.

I laughed and dodged around everyone, escaping Tiffany's clutches unscathed. Suddenly I was picked up and but in a different direction. I turned to find Hayden holding Tiffany by the shoulder as she thrashed in his grip. "Calm down babe." I raised my eyebrows amused. I looked to Kate to see if I was really seeing this.

"Really?" I mouthed. She shrugged with an unfortunate nod. My amused grin grew larger. "Is this serious?" I asked Hayden motioning between him and Tiffany.

"What? Of course he's with me." Tiffany said crawling under his arm. I looked at Hayden with a raised eyebrow and a smirk. He shrugged and pulled her closer. I ignored my heart and grinned.

"Well you couldn't be any more predictable." I chuckled and patted his shoulder. "I promise not to tell her about how you told me you regretted not fucking me when you had the chance when you called me." Tiffany's eyes widened.

"Babe!"

"She's lying. Why would I want a whore like her?" He told her and she calmed down, agreeing with him until my phone began to play.

"How's that Heist going?" I asked teasingly. He sighed on the other end.

"Let's have a meeting."

"Why would I do that?"

"To discuss the new conditions." He mumbled.

"Conditions? I'm sorry I didn't hear an apologize that would persuade me

to rethink my decision." I said.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

"For what?"

"For being an asshole when you ignored my orders."

"And?"

"For not screwing your brains out when I had the chance." His voice

became huskier.

I snapped the phone shut with a satisfied smile. "You got him to apologize." Kate said in awe. I shrugged. "And you got it recorded." I grinned.

"I record all my conversations." I played back my phone.

"And you got it recorded."

"I record all my conversations."

"So you have every conversation we've ever had?" I nodded and started looking at my nails.

"Hey, you never know when someone will say something that might be useful later." I snapped it shut and put it away, clapping my hands together and swinging on the balls of my feet as I looked over to Hayden, who still had Tiffany under his arm. "So are we going in or what?"