[22] Mes Petits Croissants

More back story?!?!

Whaaah?!?!

Love you guys ;)

~Alice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "Though the thieves were never found, we weren't able to discover what it was they took. According to Mr. Foster, the thieves had failed to retrieve anything of importance, and was a failed attempt from another rival company. In other news, the cat is still on the ledge. Let's go to Tom on the scene." As soon as the channel moved to the cat's story, I turned off the tv, resting my back against the soft hotel couch.

"I'd say it's been a very successful weekend." I said, bringing a grape to my lips.

"I'm confused. They said they didn't lose anything." Jay spoke. I rolled my eyes.

"They said they didn't lose anything just to save face. It was at a gala to bring in investors. What investor would pay for something with such poor security. If they out the theft, they lose the investors. Mr. Foster is panicking quite a lot right about now if I do say so myself." Hayden was to my left, and on his other side Tiffany.

I don't know what happened, but since we came back from the gala, she seemed to be less angry at me. She seems quieter, and zones out a lot more, staring at nothing for a couple of minutes before Sarah shakes her out of it. Though it made me worried, it wasn't any of my business so I kept my mouth shut. But I did notice how little attention she paid to Hayden for some reason.

She no longer leaned into his side, or played with his hand, or even touched him at all. When she looked at me, a sort of frustration, or sadness, would shine in her eyes. I didn't get it, but then again I didn't care enough to ask.

"So what now?" Kate, who was laying on my lap with her feet on Jay, asked.

"Well, we have to wait a couple of days and make him nervous. He knows what we stole, but he doesn't know what we're after. For all he knows, were after a painting or a statue. And he'll be setting security everywhere. So we have to wait a bit, long enough to know the routines, and shift changes. Where they will be at what time. Lunch Breaks, bathroom breaks, cigarette break. We need to know everything that happens within the vicinity of that museum." She nodded.

"So we're in Paris, for a couple of days? Maybe weeks?" I hummed.

"Maybe we shouldn't stay in the Hotel..." I said, thinking back to the cameras in the halls.

"Where would we go?" Sarah asked.

"Well, you guys are powerful in America. How about you meet the French Mafia." I grinned.

***

I kicked open the bar door, forcing all eyes to turn to me. The music stopped, and the strippers stopped dancing. Silence overwhelmed the room as I stood with a wide grin and open arms. "Bonjour mes petits croissants!" I shouted and the riot started.

Both men and women in the room jumped over each other to see me again. I was tackled into a hug from multiple angles, being lifted off the floor and kept from any air. I laughed through the pain as they all greeted me, patting me on the back, kissing my cheeks, and throwing me in the air.

"Assez!" Instantly everyone stopped moving. I was put on the ground, and a pathway was cleared.

Léon Michaux stood at the open end of the pathway. His rugged stance was more attractive than I remember. He had a slight stubble, and a scar trailed down his brow. Tattoos creeped out from under his shirt, and his arms were covered in tattoo sleeves, crossed over his broad chest. His hair was pushed back, and shaved on the sides, a cigarette danced on his lips. Slowly, he pulled the cigarette out of his mouth, and spread his arms out. "Ma cherie." A grin spread over his lips, and mine aped.