Rain

" Alright Mr. Taehyung, this is where your first class is. So when the bell rings, you'll go here. Now I'll show you your locker."

The young boy gives a faint nod while letting out a sigh. His hightop converse make a soft noise as he follows behind one of the Secretarys. A new school is nothing new to him.

His soft eyes gaze out of the window as the Secretary babbles on about something; but nothing to him. Hm. It's raining. It always seems to be raining on days like these.

Taehyung's delicate fingers fumbled with the black velvet choker around his neck. As he looked around, he noticed that none of the other boys seemed to care what they looked like. Which is the complete opposite of himself.

Ever since he was young, he always made sure that his outfits looked nice and somewhat better than everyone else's.

The boy snaps out of his dream land when he hears a laugh, then a locker slam shut. His hair shakes slightly- moving from his eyes- as his head snaps towards the noise. His top lip pouting slightly.

He watches three other guys- probably upper classmen- laugh as they tease each other. One of them is obviously the alpha of the group. He's taller than the other two. His hair is hidden by a grey beanie. Mysterious.

The younger boys eyes meet with the older one. The eye contact is dangerous. The intense look in the upperclassmen's eyes is intimidating. Taehyung looks away quickly as a rush of anxiety runs up his spine.

" So do you think you'll be okay?" The Secretary questions.

The Bell rings twice, signaling all of the students to get to their first class. Tae scans the halls and then nods, " Uh..Yeah I'll be fine thank you."

He takes the shortest route to his calculus class. He has always been good at math, as most of the students are, but he was always ahead of everyone else. Unfortunately, this meant that he'd be in a room full of upperclassmen.

Taehyung enters the class, where only a few students are sitting. Guess I'm early.

He sits in a desk near the back, not wanting to be noticed on the first day, even though he looks really good.

He watches as the class fills with older students; who all look at him with a sense of confusion. He lets out a quiet sigh and moves a couple of strands of hair from his face.

" Alright alright everyone quiet down as I take roll."

Taehyung doodles on a piece of paper absent mindlessly as the bland professor calls out the names.

" Jeon Jungkook?"

" Here!!!"

Tae looks up quickly when he hears the cheery voice from right next to him. His eyes go up and down, taking note of his casual posture and western clothing; which is most of Taehyungs wardrobe.

" aaand Kim Taehyung."

" oh, here." He mumbles in response.

He taps his pencil on his notebook, wanting to fall asleep. This professor makes math even more boring than it already was. And the class is...very loud.

Tae feels a tap on his shoulder, and his eyes slightly widen as he sees its the boy next to him; Jeon Jungkook.

" Youre name is Taehyung right?" Jungkook smiles warmly, making a good first impression. Unknowingly to Tae, Jungkook is one of the most popular guys in the school.

" ..Yeah and you're Jungkook...?"

" Mhm! What year are you? You look a little young to be in here- I'm not trying to offend you I'm actually pretty impressed."

Tae smiles, " I'm only a year 10."

" No way! I'm even more impressed-"

Every ones attention goes to the door as it opens suddenly and a student walks in.

It's the guy I saw earlier...

The guy walks to the back corner of the class- only a seat away from Tae- and takes a seat. He doesn't take out his notebook. He doesn't touch his calculus textbook. He just slumps in his seat and taps away at his phone.

Some thing about him is enticing. Maybe it's the danger of it all. Maybe it's the rain tapping away at the window, giving the room a grey tint. It suits him.

" Namjoon. You're late." The professor remarks. Hm. Namjoon.

Tae watches intently, wanting to see what the rebel will do.

Namjoon shrugs his shoulders, a white stick hanging from his lip in such a seductive manner. Is he smoking? Well that's...not attractive.

But his observation is proven false when he watches Namjoon take the stick from his mouth, showing the top of a lollipop.
That's better.

" That's Namjoon. Big trouble." Jungkook says in a hushed voice into Taehyung's ear.

Tae turns back to Jungkook with a slightly interested expression. People like Namjoon always interested him. How did they work? Do they have actual feelings? What do they do for fun? He wanted to know.

Generally, Tae always hung out with guys like Jungkook. Charming and strikingly handsome.

However, Namjoon had these same qualities but in a more intimidating manner.

" really?" Tae asks in the same quiet voice.

Jungkook nods, " Him and his sidekick Yoongi are always causing some sort of trouble."

" Hm." Tae pouts and takes another glance at the lone trouble maker. He feels paralysed suddenly when their eyes meet yet again, but this time, the eye contact is held for much longer.

The younger boy's face goes pink as Namjoon twists the lollipop around in his mouth- all without breaking the eye contact.

Tae pulls his stare away without a second thought, and continues talking to Jungkook casually. Even though he was talking to someone, he could feel the weird but satisfying feeling of a pair of eyes glued to him.

He didn't dare turn around, he kept his back turned the whole class.

The Bell rang for class to end, and while Taehyung was putting his things away, Jungkook stood next to him.

" Hey, we should chill sometime." Jungkook suggested while holding out his phone to the boy.

Tae took it while glancing up at him, then typed his number into the phone. He handed it back innocently, and gave a warm smile.

Jungkook grinned then gave a simple wink, and without another word, was walking out of the room.