Butterfly

" Thanks for letting me over, Kookie." Tae says as he sits down with Jungkook on the couch.

Tae was still baffled by the events that had just taken place. Did Namjoon really mean all of that? He couldn't have...this isn't what he expected from someone he cares about.

It just wasn't fair.

To Taehyung's surprise, Jimin came into the living room from the kitchen. Tae shuffled in his spot and he felt his cheeks heat up.

" Oh I didn't know you had someone over, I can go-" The younger boy started to stand but Jimin just laughed lightly.

" nah don't sweat it, really. So where were you? You look so flustered." Jungkook asked with a raised eyebrow.

Tae got comfortable again and watched as Jimin sat right in between him and Jungkook.

" Ah...I was with Namjoon." It came out as a mutter. He didn't understand the relationship between Namjoon and Jimin so there was a sense of secrecy in the statement," we got in a bit of an argument. Well...never mind."

Jungkook sighed, " Come on, say it. You look all bummed. Just get it out."

" it wasn't even an argument. He just yelled at me suddenly so I left because I didn't know what else to do."

Jimin nodded, " Sounds like him. Trust me, he'll do more harm than good. Are you...or...do you like him?"

" Of course I do-"

" Taehyung.." Jimin raises an eyebrow, hinting at what he actually means.

Tae goes red once more, and shifts in his seat, " oh. N-No. Not like that. And not for him."

Jungkook stands suddenly, " I'll be right back. I think my parents are yelling for me."

Now there were two. An excruciatingly awkward two. Both of them knew about the kiss obviously. The tension could be cut with a knife. Tae wanted to say something. Jimin on the other hand, wanted to kiss him again.

" Jimin..." Tae muttered.

Jimin moved slightly closer, " Yeah?"

" The party last week, I didn't mean to- well uh. I'm sorry that-"

" Tae calm down, you don't have to apologize. Especially if I liked it."

Taehyung chuckles, " you remember what it was like? I was so out of it I don't even really remember doing it.."

" Then I'll recreate it for you."

Jimin was pressing onto Taehyung, putting his hands on his small waist, and colliding their lips together. Tae's delicate fingers trailed up to Jimin's hair, and tugged on it slightly. He was excited and wound up, and was totally enjoying this.

Before pulling away from the hormone filled kiss, Jimin nibbled on Tae's lip softly. Their faces were close and their breath was heavy.

" That was a lot better than the first time." Jimin laughed while kissing Tae's cheek softly. Taehyung grinned and leaned against the older boy.

This couldn't be too bad. Namjoon was obviously wrong. Jimin was sweet and caring and...well...Tae didn't know him very well.

Tae swallows the lump in his throat, " So are you...out?"

Jimin hummed, " everyone but my family. What about you?"

Taehyung shook his head in response. " no. Not yet." He hated thinking about it. He wasn't scared and he wasn't ashamed. He was nervous about Namjoon. What would he do? He obviously didn't seem to thrilled earlier in his room..

" Ah well take your time with it. Make sure you're ready. Just Like with any big decisions you make." Jimin answered sweetly.

Before Tae could say anything else, his phone began to buzz furiously. He dug into his pocket and pulled out the device, mentally groaning at the name that came up. It was Namjoon.

He declined.

Almost immediately, it began buzzing again.

Jimin glared at the phone faintly, his eyes flickering from the device to Tae- who was also glaring.

" Why don't you answer it." Jimin insisted.

Well, if he insists.

" Hey." Taehyung answers as Jungkook joins the boys once again.

Namjoon choked up on the other end, " ...Hey. are you um, busy? You didn't answer the first time." He asked, even though he clearly knew where he was.

Taehyung ran a hand through his hair,
" I'm with Jungkook and Jimin." As the words fell from his lips, Jimin played with some strands of Taehyung's hair.

There was silence on the other line.

" What do you want Namjoon."

" I want to speak with you. Tae I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to-"

" I have to go."

" Taehyung-"

The younger boy ended the call quickly, shoving his phone back in his pocket. He hated to hear Namjoon like that. He hated when others were in pain. But he wasn't letting him go that easy.

He sat with Jungkook and jimin, playing video games and talking about nothing. Jimin would hold Taehyung's hand and kiss his cheek. Jungkook wasn't phased by this.

Suddenly Tae got a rush of anxiety. He hadn't been home in a week. He was always spending the night at Yoongi's or Hobi's houses. He couldn't go home. But he had to sooner or later.

" Hey I should get home. It's late and we have school tomorrow." Taehyung sighed and stood from his spot. He flung his jacket around his shoulders, and said goodbye to his friends.

----

He opened the old, rickety door of his home. His hand was shaking slightly as his heart pounded in his chest.

The house was dimly lit and dusty as usual, giving Tae a bad feeling.

" Mom?" He called out. He didn't see the car in the driveway- and they only had one car. So, it's either, his mom was there or his step father was. He hoped that it was his mom.

" Do you know how much it kills your mom when you leave for days on end?" His step father came into the living room, hissing at the boy. A beer bottle was in his hand, and they littered the kitchen table. The house ranked of alcohol.

" I've been busy." Tae muttered while removing his jacket and hanging it on the back of a chair.

" unfortunately when I married your mother she had to bring you too." He slurred.

" yeah," Tae raised an eyebrow, " that's how marriage works."

Suddenly his small body is throw back into a wall. He winces, feeling the wind being taken from his lungs.

" You chose a bad night to act like the little prick that you really are." His step fathers jaw was clenched, spit flying from his mouth as he hissed at him.

" you're lucky I don't call the cops on your drunk ass-" the man's fist collides with Taehyung's jaw, making the back of his head slam against the wall.

" Go to your room. Bastard."

Taehyung's small hand went to his cheek, feeling the warm and wet touch of blood coming from his lip.

But he did what his step father said. He went to his room.