Converse High

Taehyung's shoes lightly hit the ground as he zipped to his classes during the day. Now that he had been at this school for about a week, he had a route to his classes.

One thing he would admit; this school was a lot more confusing than the others he has been to.

" YAH!! TAE!"

Tae turns on his heel, the hallway starts to calm down as every one goes to their study hall.

Hoseok- Tae's newly made friend-comes speeding at Taehyung, and throws his arm around his shoulder when he reaches him. Hoseok is in the same grade as Tae, and befriended him almost effortlessly.

" Isn't your lunch period right now?" The boy laughs at his new friend. Taehyung considered Hobi his new source of laughter.

" Of course Tae. You cutie. But I'd rather hang out with you. My lunch is full of jerks."

He thinks I'm cute? Tae puts his arm around his friend, blushing from what he said.

His first week of school seemed to be a piece of cake. He tended to stay in the shadows of the students at Akademi High; but somehow stood out at the same time. He asked himself how that could be possible. But he didn't know the answer.

" Wanna sit outside instead?" Tae asks, his eyes glowing in an innocent manner.

" aah you read my mind. Now the fact that you're in calculus makes sense."

" Hobi. Mind reading and math don't go hand in hand."

Hoseok grins and pushes open the doors to the courtyard. It's a small, quiet area behind the school. A few cherry blossoms sway slightly in the breeze. One stone bench sits under one of the trees.

The two boys sit down casually and take in the pink color of the blossoms. It was a sign of spring- even though it was about to be winter. Taehyung's eyes squinted when the sun hit the two students, and he looked at his friend.

" Why doesn't anyone come out here?" Tae questioned.

" My guess is, no one has time. Or maybe they forget that it's even here. This is actually my first time this semester." Hobi answered with a small smile, his eyes twinkling, " You know, TaeTae, I'm really glad you moved here."

" Why?"

" I don't have many friends. I actually get a lot of shit for...being me." Hoseok chuckled carelessly, the soft expression never leaving his face. Tae didn't look away, he just sat and wondered. How could any one dislike Hobi?

To Tae, it seemed almost impossible. He acted and dressed like a majority of the students. He was funnier and nicer than anyone he's met so far. Better than that, he was real.

" Well, you've got me." Taehyung smiled and put an arm around Hobi's shoulder.

The two boys sat and talked casually under the cherry blossom until the bell for last period rung.

Taehyung walked Hoseok to his class, which made Tae late for his own, but he didn't care.

The halls were empty now as he speed walked to his class. But he slowed his speed when he saw two people he didn't expect to see. They were laughing by one of their lockers.

Namjoon and Yoongi.

Tae kept his pace, and his head down. Just don't make eye contact! You're sooo close..

" Hey! Converse!" a voice called. Tae didn't know if it was Namjoon's or Yoongi's; he hadn't heard either of them.

Tae stopped in his tracks and turned his head softly. The two upperclassmen were looking at him. Namjoon was smirking, a lollipop in his mouth as usual. And Yoongi was leaning against the locker, his lips upturned in an amused stare.

" Converse...Converse.." Namjoon called in a sing songy voice, " c'mere converse."

So it was Namjoon.

Tae walked over to the boys hesitantly. Namjoon kept the smirk, but looked the young boy up and down. As if he were meat. Yoongi on the other hand, didn't look impressed.

" Taehyung, right? what year are you?" Namjoon interrogated.

Tae's feet shuffled and his heart races. Why'd he feel like this? It's just a boy. It's just a guy who thinks he's bigger than everyone. A guy that never takes off his beanie in school so he can go against the dress code!

" Ten." Tae answered.

" We're going out tonight. Want to join?"

Well that was sudden.

" Uh, well- where?"

" You'll see. Yes or no?" Namjoon was testing him. And Tae wasn't going to fail.

Tae shook the hair from his eyes, " Yes."

Namjoon grinned at Tae and then held out his hand, " Phone."

Taehyung handed him the phone, and watched with butterflies in his stomach as he typed in his number.

Yoongi's eyes looked at Tae's converse. The one of many pairs that he owns.

" If you insist on bringing him Namjoon, please give him Vans or something. I really hate converse." Yoongi rolled his eyes noticeably; making Tae shift in his place.

Namjoon shook his head and handed the phone off to his sidekick, " Nah. I like them. They suit him. Pretty boy." He smirked at Tae, making him go red.

Yoongi gave back the phone and stood up straight, " Alright let's go, Namjoon."

" Hol' up," Namjoon turned to Tae, " We're leaving school now, you should come."

Tae's lips parted slightly, feeling slightly pressured. Namjoon was nice in a weird way. It was a nice that could pressure you into doing anything he wanted. Yoongi on the other hand, was something else. He hadn't smiled once since Namjoon called the boy over.

" Uh- yeah sure." He said without a second thought about it. It was like he was under Namjoon's spell. It was hypnotic. And he didn't know why.

He's just a regular student. Why did he make Taehyung all flustered? It didn't make any sense.

But there was no use questioning it now. They were already in Yoongi's car. Namjoon was sitting in the back with Tae, glancing at him occasionally as music blared.

Tae knew what he was getting into. And for some reason, he didn't care.