Spine Breaker

Yoongi gave a quick wink to Hoseok as they sat in their Literature class. The teacher was rambling on about something but all the two boys could do is stare at each other.

They didn't know what they were. It was all very sudden and came out of no where. They had really only known each other for three weeks now.

Hobi blushed and attempted to wink back but his attempt failed miserably. Which caused Yoongi to laugh to himself.

" Excuse me, Yoongi is there something that is more Interesting than the lecture?"

Yoongi looked up at the professor, " Uh yeah just about anything."

The class snickered at the come back as Yoongi just looked at the teacher. He hated authority. Especially the ones like professors- who think they know everything but in reality they know nothing.

They say they've been out in the world but what have they actually seen? Have they seen a boy get hit by his parent, and then go to school the next day? Have they seen a boy go into a liquor store and drown himself with the sorrows of a lost love? No. They haven't.

" What could be more interesting than Romeo and Juliet?"

Yoongi just sighed and gathered all of his things. He stood, and flung his bag over his shoulder. " I could go home and watch Twilight, and still get the same love story."

---

The small group of friends sit outside together again. For the past three weeks, it became a set time in their schedules. They would skip their last period and sit in the courtyard- just like Taehyung and Hobi did earlier on.

" Jungkook is having a small party-"

" No." Namjoon says abruptly, cutting off Taehyung's sentence completely.

" Ahem. He told me it was going to be small, so I will believe him. Any way, before Mr. Meany interrupted me...he also said that you guys could come. He wants you there." Taehyung informs them.

Hoseok smiles, " Yeah I'll go. Will you go Yoongi?"

Yoongi sighs, " What's the occasion?"

" His 18th birthday." Tae answers.

Namjoon shifts uncomfortably next to his friends. He wasn't so sure about this. Every time that Tae has been with Jungkook, some thing goes wrong. It's not like Jungkook is the problem but, maybe it's just a strange coincidence.

The older boy wasn't so sure on something else either; the relationship between Tae and Jimin. Tae didn't bring him up in front of Namjoon, knowing that the subject was a sore spot. But, they did hang out a few times a week. It scares Namjoon. He didn't want Tae to get hurt. And, he had feelings for Tae. Strong ones that he can barely hold back.

" Yeah I'll go. But if it gets any bigger than small, then I'm taking Hoseok and leaving." Yoongi states while tapping away at his phone.

" What about you?" Tae looks at Namjoon.

" I'll go. Just so you don't get trashed again."

" I have a feeling there won't be much drinking. Especially if it's a small party."

" Hm. Either way, I'm not leaving your side. Not after the last party you went to."

Tae just shook his head with a slight grin at the comment. He was still in his dull clothes. He couldn't shake the thought of his step father from his mind. He hadn't been back home since. Which, is longer than usual.

Namjoon didn't like seeing Tae like this. He was still the same person, but just, sad.

As Yoongi and Hobi carried on with a different conversation, Namjoon brought his lips close to Taehyung's ear, and spoke softly.

" You're still green, Taehyung."

The younger boy tensed up suddenly as he remembered the first time that Namjoon had said that to him. He smiled at the thought.

" Will things get better?" Tae murmured.

" of course. Life...wouldn't be life if we were always happy. Imagine a world where nothing goes wrong. It's dull. It contradicts. You need the bad, so moments like these shine brighter." Namjoon's low voice wrapped around Taehyung's mind like a dream.

Tae didn't know his feelings towards Namjoon. He loved him of course but, was it romantically? Every time Tae would see him, his heart would speed up and he didn't know what to say.

It was different with Jimin. Tae knew it was filled with attraction and hormones. He really hoped that Jimin wouldn't be at the party but, Jimin and Jungkook are always together.

A part of Tae told him that he shouldn't go to the party; or maybe he shouldn't have invited Namjoon but it was too late now. He just hoped that things wouldn't go wrong.

As long as Jimin and Namjoon stayed away from each other it would be okay...right?

" you know, for the whole bad boy look you wear, you're the most thoughtful person I know." Taehyung says to his Hyung.

" all for you." Namjoon laughed while throwing an arm around Tae.

On the opposite side of them, Yoongi and Hoseok were giggling and flirting like no one's business.

Hoseok was infatuated with Yoongi. Just the thought of him brought butterflies to his stomach. Hobi felt like he was in love with a movie star of some sort. Yoongi was so calm and collected about every thing; it really impressed Hoseok.

" Do you want to hang out before the party?" Yoongi asks the younger boy.

" Yeah, I can ride home with you, right?"

Yoongi looked at Hobi with a sarcastic expression, " No Hobi I'm going to make you walk." He scoffed, " Of course you can ride home with me. So silly."

They just laughed at each other softly, enjoying the cool air. It was about to turn to spring soon. Which was amazing but also created the stress of spring exams.

Hobi didn't know the status of the relationship. But he didn't care either. Of course, clarity would be nice, but as long as he had Yoongi, every thing would be fine. Or at least, he hoped.