House Of Cards

" So, did Tae actually kiss some girl or someone else?" Yoongi questions Namjoon as they sit in their study hall, their feet up on the desks.

Tae has been hassling them about school like a parent. But they listen to him just because he gets so worked up over it.

Namjoon sighs and bites his lip, " No it wasn't some girl. It was Jimin."

" What! You can't just lie about that!"

" Yoongi, trust me, I know. It just..freaked me out! I walked in there and saw Jimin holding him and I just- it didn't seem right. He was taking advantage of our little Tae."

" I understand. Trust me, I do. That was a weird time for you. I see how that could scare you but if Tae was kissing a boy then-" Yoongi tried to bring Namjoon to his senses.

" Its not like it was a real kiss or anything. They were drunk and Jimin was horny. Plus I couldn't risk letting Tae see his abs."

In year ten, Namjoon and Jimin had been in a long term relationship. Long story short, Jimin moved to a different school in the district and things got complicated.

" It sounds like you're jealous."

Namjoon gasps, " Of what!"

Yoongi smirks and pokes his friends arm, "You don't want anyone having Taehyung!"

" No! I don't care who has him. I just don't want people taking advantage of him because he's small and cute." Namjoon knew that was a lie. But he wasn't ready to admit it.

Yoongi knew Namjoon too well. " Oh please. Whenever you see Him and that Jungkook together, you instantly get pissy."

" Thats only because I don't like Jungkook. He's a pretentious rich kid with no real problems." Namjoon scoffs and puts his feet down.

Yoongi shrugs and chews on his lips slightly,
" I dunno. Either way, you're jealous. I know you, Namjoon."

The Bell rings suddenly and they both stand up, flinging their bags over their shoulders,
" Yeah you think you do."

As they walk into the hall, Taehyung runs up to them and beams like a small kid with a lollipop.

" Guys! I got an A on my science exam!!" Tae exclaims, waiting for praise.

Before Namjoon or Yoongi can say anything, jungkook comes up to Tae and wraps an arm around him, " My little Tae got an A!"

Namjoon's expression goes blank and Yoongi smiles, " what'd you get?"

Jungkook smiles, " also an A, but Tae got a perfect score."

Yoongi grins, " Thats just like our Taehyung! Right Namjoon?"

Namjoon shoots jungkook a glare, but then nods at the question. Jungkook gives Tae a wink and then continues down the hall.

" Why is he so touchy?" Namjoon questions as the three friends go through the front door of the school.

" He's just like that I guess-"

" YAH! TAE!" The familiar voice calls.

Tae stops and turns to see Hobi running up to him. He grins at the sight of him. Hoseok was out for a week on vacation. Lucky guy.

Hobi pants, " I was trying to find you all day!"

" Sorry I was taking an exam pretty much all day. Do you need something? You look rushed."

" Yeah I was wondering if you have my make-up work for sociology..?"

Tae groaned, remembering that he left his sociology work at home.

But Yoongi stepped up quickly, digging through his bag, " I um- I have it. I can help you with it if you want." His cheeks go pink slightly as he talks to Hoseok.

Hobi seems shocked. Why was a person like Yoongi even noticing him? But he smiled anyway, " Yeah! Thank you.."

" No problem. I'll drop Tae and Namjoon off at their houses and then we can go to mine."

Hobi nodded and followed the boys to Yoongi's car in the parking lot.

Ever since Tae started hanging out with the two older boys, Yoongi started to become more accepting of people. But Namjoon only started to get paranoid and anxious of his surroundings; hoping that he'd be able to protect Tae from everyone and everything.

Tae got out of the car with Namjoon when they arrived at Namjoon's home. Tae didn't like going to his own home at the end of a long day. It was stressful.

When the two guys walked in, they were Instantly greeted by Namjoon's mother.

" Hi Honey, who's this?"

Tae wasn't surprised to see how laid back his mom was. Unlike Yoongi's mother; Namjoon's had her hair up in a messy bun, slouchy clothes with paint splatters all over, and a paint brush behind her ear.

" This is Kim Taehyung."

Tae shook hands with the woman and smiled
" Nice to meet you."

The woman grinned and Namjoon started going down a flight of stairs into the basement. Which could only mean that his room was down there.

Tae followed Namjoon into his room and flopped down onto his bed.

Namjoon looked nervous. He was going to get the truth out to Tae. No matter what the consequences might be. He just had to work up the courage.

" Tae?" Namjoon asked while sitting next to him and nudging his knee.

Tae looked up at him innocently, " Yes?"

" Why did you drink so much at that party?"

Tae shifted in his place, and felt uncomfortable. He didn't want to admit the true reason. But honesty is important.
" I was upset because you were mad at me. You told me to leave."

" Ugh I didn't mean to upset you. I just get nervous about you going places where you might not be safe."

The young boy furrows his eye brows," Why wouldn't the party be safe for me?"

" Because of Jimin." Namjoon said with a sigh while avoiding eye contact.

" What? He was really nice to me..."

" Too nice."

Taehyung sits up and gets closer to Namjoon. His eyebrows knit together in confusion
" What do you mean? Spit it out."

" Jimin was the one that kissed you." He said it with a cringe. He hated the way it sounded as it escaped his lips.

He hated Tae's reaction even more. He wasn't happy. But he wasn't upset either. Tae looked absolutely content.

" Why didn't you just tell me that?" Tae questioned.

Namjoon clenched his jaw, " Taehyung don't be stupid. You know why I couldn't tell you."

" I'm not being stupid...is there something I'm missing?"

" No you're just being a naive boy! I was trying to save your ass in front of Yoongi. I'm not saying he would have made fun of you but-"

Taehyung got off the bed and took a step back, " Wait...are you implying that I'm-"

" Yes Taehyung. I'm implying that you're a flaming homosexual. A faggot- if you will- And if you think you're going to get anywhere with Jimin, you're wrong." Namjoon's tone was harsh. It stung Tae in the worst way.

What did he do? He was simply confused and now he was being attacked by a person he deeply trusted. Or, he used to trust. This didn't seem like Namjoon. It didn't feel like Namjoon. All Tae knew was: he couldn't stay.