As Long As We're Together.

I hold my camcorder in my hands, carefully studying the earth and sky around me. It seems too perfect right now. Nothing could go wrong. A soft smile spreads across my face as I lay back, filming the almost clear sky, with the exception of a few white, puffy clouds.

I stay there for a while, until I hear the familiar noises of my friends. They must be here too!

As I stand up, I stretch quickly, then continue to walk towards the jovial voices of them. All while still holding my camcorder.

I reach the abandoned swimming pool- where Jungkook and I would spend most of our summers as kids- but it's all flushed away now. Although, I like it better this way. The green plants have grown into the concrete, and flowers have bloomed in the corners. It's quite calming.

" Ah! It's Jin Hyung!" I hear Kookie exclaim as I stand at the edge of the empty pool. They all look up- my friends- and wave me down with them. They all look so happy.

I jump down into the pool and give them all hugs as they smile and laugh. I wish it could always be like this.

Jimin puts his arms around me, " You can smile, as long as we're together." His voice us happy and calm.

I film them happily as they run around, playing little games and dancing to little songs they've made up. I don't want to miss a moment of it.

My head turns and sees Hobi laying against the side of the pool, dozing off in the sun. What a good picture opportunity.

I bring out my Polaroid as I kneel in front of the sleeping Hoseok. Out of no where, Yoongi sits next to him, puts an arm around him, and gives a sweet smile. I always liked them together. I really do hope they get married someday. They seem to lift each other up.

As I'm about to take the picture again, Jungkook crashes into Yoongi's side, waking up Hoseok in the process. They all hold up peace signs as I count down from 3.

The boys look over the picture as I wander away from them again when i see a huge, beautiful butterfly go past me. I follow after it until it lands on the stem of a flower. It doesn't seem too afraid, because I simply sit right next to the insect, and record it as it's wings move softly.

--
You need to survive.

It's quiet now, except for the soft hum of music coming from the old stereo sitting next to us. The blazing fire lights up their somewhat sad- or exhausted- faces.

Yoongi flickers the lighter in his hand on and off, staring at it intensely. For some reason, it sends chills down my spine. But I focus on the good anyway.

I run my thumb over the edge of the Polaroid, looking at it with a smile.

" We..." I say softly, " Shall we go here?" I ask Hobi while showing him the picture.

He looks at it for a second, then gives a faint nod, and a smile. I show the picture to the rest of them, all getting a nod of approval. Jimin looks at it for a second, a solemn expression forms on his face, but he nods in agreement any way.

As we sit in silence, I watch as jungkook blows out the bright flame of Yoongi's lighter, then he turns back over, and goes to sleep.

--

I hold my phone above my head as I spin around in a circle, feeling the sand shift beneath my feet. The sun is glaring in my eyes but I could care less. Somehow this day is even better than yesterday. How could that be possible?!

I stop spinning when the guys all come up behind me and get in the cameras view.

I stand and record as they challenge each other in short races from one point to another. But as they begin to get tired, they lean against the truck, and I join them. My eyes gaze upon the calm ocean. The sound of the waves make me want to sleep. I probably shouldn't stand here much longer. I do have to drive the car soon anyway.

As the sun starts to set on the tranquil beach, all of them pile into the car. Jimin and Taehyung hop into the bed of the truck, which scares me but I'll let them do it this time. Whatever makes them happy.

--

As we pull into the gas station, Namjoon volunteers to fill the tank. Which, I then thank him for because I'm too exhausted for any of this. I glance back at Yoongi and Jungkook who are staring out the window as Hobi goes into the small store to buy some snacks. I'm pretty sure Tae and Jimin are asleep in the bed of the truck.

I clean off some smudges from my Polaroid as I wait.

Namjoon leans against the side of my door and gestures at the camera. I kindly give it to him and he holds it up, facing me.

" hana...dul.." his low voice counts, and on the last mark, yoongi pops his head in the picture as the camera flashes.

Namjoon gets back in the car and retrieves the picture from the Polaroid, and without looking at it, he places it in the passenger compartment.

Before I start up the car, I watch Hobi put a blanket over a shivering Jimin, as if someone has poured freezing water over him.

When Hoseok is back in the truck, I start it up, and leave the gas station for our next destination.

---

I don't think I've ever felt this peaceful. The truck is parked on the pier by an old construction site. The waves have picked up slightly. They aren't rough but, they weren't calm like before.

All of us stand at the edge of the concrete, looking over the vast ocean that crashes as it pleases.

I sigh while sitting down on the edge, and the rest of them do the same. Jimin puts an arm around me softly as I look through my camcorder, reminiscing on the moments that didn't happen too long ago.

This all feels like a dream, like it isn't real. But it has to be real. All of my friends are here.

I turn my head to show Taehyung a video of us on the beach but I furrow my eyebrows when I notice that he isn't next to me anymore.

I scan the perimeter of the area until my eye catches a tall, unfinished structure that was probably used for construction. My eyes move upwards until I see Tae standing at the top, just staring out at the horizon. What is he doing...

The guys start waving, and shouting at him to get down. He could get seriously hurt.

The silhouette of his black hoodie looks dark in contrast to the bright colors of the impending sunset.

He looks down at us from way up there, gives a sympathetic smile, then turns his attention back to the water below him.

My heart pounds frantically in my chest but I don't know what to do. My body becomes paralyzed when he begins sprinting across the stretch of the tower, and doesn't hesitate when his feet leave the platform. It's almost like he's been wanting to do this.

His slender legs and delicate arms move quickly as he falls into the deep and cold water of the ocean.

" Tae..." I mumble to myself when everything goes silent other than the huge crash of his body hitting the water.

I turn to the other guys in panic but they aren't there.

" Jimin?" My voice cracks as I stand up.

" Min Yoongi?!" I shout.

They aren't in the car either. They aren't any where in sight. I turn in a circle, not seeing Tae come up from the water and still not seeing any trace of the boys.

My breathe hitches and without hesitation I get into the truck.

----

I sit in the front seat, my hands resting on the steering wheel as the dark water crashes over the hood of the car. My feet are wet from the water seeping in through the windows.

My hand unlocks the compartment of the passenger seat, remembering the picture that Namjoon took of me and Yoongi back at the gas station.

I grin happily. The water is up to my shins now.

But when I look at the Polaroid, I notice, that it's only me in the picture.