Chapter 1

"Angelica!" my mom yelled, "Bring me down a couple more boxes from Tony's room!" I throw my phone on my bed, and get up. Today was moving day. I walk to my brother's room, but the aroma is so bad, i nearly faint. He's 12, and freaking still wets the dang bed! I rush downstairs so my mother doesn't get angry. She then tells me to get things from the master bedroom, her room. My father left my mom about six years ago, on my tenth birthday! Literally, when I turn double digits, he feels it's the need to divorce my mother. After I grab those boxes, I make my way back upstairs... my only safe haven. Soon after, my little brother thought it was a great idea to run in, and trash my room. I specifically put SEVEN different signs up to tell him to not enter my room, without permission. Even though the squirt gets very annoying, I love him with all my heart. My mom on the other hand, is like the devil. I would kill someone to get away from her, but we all know that would never happen.

I yell for my brother to leave my room, but he just plumps down onto my white rug. I yell, "Mom!" This scares him. He then proceeds to jump up, and quickly run out of my room. Seconds later, my mom walked in. "What do you want Angelica? Don't you see we only have two days to move?" I look up, "Yes ma'am, it was just-" I pause. "It was just... What" My mom yells! "It was just I really don't want to move. All of this is just hurting, and I just don't like to hurt. Can you please just get  new job?" I say. "No!" she proclaims, "This one pays that good money and I can't pass that up!" I just sit there, mad at her, as she walks away.

That night, I hurt myself, and the night that followed, I did it once more. 

"Angelica!" my mother yells, "Wake your dang butt up. Today's moving day!" I slip out of my bed, put my slippers on, and tiredly take my time down the stairs. "Why do you look like Donald Trump?" my mother asked. I look up, "Donald Trump? I thought I looked a little beeter!" She shakes her head and sighs, "C'mon! Go get in the shower! We leave in an hour." I grab an apple and make my way upstairs. I start the cold shower, because my mom cut off the water, cable, heat, and wifi the other day, but at my new house, it's all up and running. I sit for a couple minutes and just cry. I then cry myself asleep, and I wake up to the sound of my name. 

"Angelica DeVera Foxworth!" my mother yelled. I jump up. My mothe asks, "It's been half an hour, did you fall asleep in the shower?" I nod, as she slaps me so hard I fall to the ground. "Next time you do this, it'll be much harder, and more deadly!" she yells.

I lay on the cold, hard ground. I can see mold behind the toilet, and can smell my mother doing the last set of dishes. It takes about a minute for me to regain my strength to stand back up. My brother runs in, "Mom's ready to leave! She said grab the rest of your stuff, or she's leaving you behind!" I run to my room, and grab the last two boxes in my room. I hear my mother honk her horn, and I know I have to hurry. I pack them into the moving truck, and jump into the front seat. Tears fall down my face as my mother drives us away, from my only home, the home of my childhood, the home of my sadness, the home of my hurting.

--7 Hours Later--

We finally made it! After 7 hours of sleep, listening to the radio, and crying, we had finally made it. My grandmother greeted us, and I hugged her to death. The last time I had saw her was the last time I saw my dad, and I missed her so much. I then run into the house, and upstairs. I choose my room, and sit on the floor. I pull out my phone, and text Raina.

Raina- How's the house?

Angelica- okay. i mean like, the only good thing about it that i'm living with my grandma!

Raina- Well that's good, but my mother is calling me, text you later bby!

I set my phone down when I hear my mother call my name. "Angelica, where have you been?" she asks. I tell her, "I was in my room, texting Raina!" She looks over to my phone. "Give me it!" she says, "Raina's a bad influience. Let me block her number... NOW!" I quickly give her phone, as I rush upstairs. I cry myself to sleep, and don't wake up until the next morning. It's my brother again. "Grandma's gone Angie. She's g-g-gone!"