Chapter 5

"It's my mom!" I say. We rush inside as Vince calls the police. They arrive soon after, but my Mom leaves right before they do. "What seems to be the problem?" the officer asks. Vince tells him, "There were these people fighting, but it seems that they have stopped!" The officers sigh, nod they're head, and leave. "Come on Angelic, what the hell is wrong with your mother?" Vince asks. I reply, "I don't know, she's going very psycho!" We then go to the mall and eat Chipotle, and then go to Macy's. Again, Vince tells me to buy whatever I want. I get two jean skirts, a flannel, and some band merch from Hot Topic. When we leave, we run into Jojo. "Hey Angie!" she says. I smile and reply, "Hey Jojo!" She then walks off and so do we. We all get into Vince's car, and turn on 107.5. I jam out as Stressed Out comes on, Jack gets on his phone, and Vince is to busy driving to pay attention. When the light goes to red, I ask Vince, "So how long have you lived in Memphis?" He replies, "About six years or so, and Jack's been here since birth!" Jack raises his eyebrows as I proceed to talk, "And I've only been been here for a month, already got a boyfriend!" Vince laughs, as the light goes green, and we drive away.

--That Night--

Ugh. I wake up from a nightmare. It was about my mother, and Vince had died. I sigh in relief as I see him sleeping right next to me. I pull out my phone and text Raina, even though it's 3 AM.

Angelica: hey Raina, been in tennesse for a month and already am I sleeping with some cute guy.

...

Raina: omg, you go Angie!

Angelica: ikr!!! and he has a cute bestfriend

Raina: ohhh I think I gotta move down to Memphis!

Angelica: omg that would be great!

I then fall asleep.

--That Morning--

I awake to the beauty of Vince. "Hey sweety, t's time to wake up! Schools' in an hour!" He says, with his soft, cute voice. We hug, kiss, hug some more, and then I get into the shower. By this time we are back at Vince's, who's Grandma had moved in after his Mom had died. She's a kind lady, and loves me to death, which explains why I have a $100 bill in my wallet. 

An hour passes and we are off to school. We pass my house on our way, and see my mothers car parked in the driveway, but one car sets me off guard, because it's my dad's! I tell Vince what I see and he imediatlly steps on the brakes. "Do you want to see him?" he asks. I pause, and nod. He makes a legal U-turn, I think, and drives back to my house. Once we get there, I chicken out, and run back to the cry, tears in my eyes. "It's okay honey!" Vince says as he cuddles me.

We make it to school just in time, and it actually was fun. rs. Hargrove was gone, and the sub let us do whatever we wanted! Even though the next five periods sucked, I was only happy because I was thinking about Vince too much. I wonder if he feels the same way.

After school, we go back to his house, and again, I see my dad's car in the driveway of my house. Vince asks once more, "Do you want to see him?" I nod, and he asks, "Are you sure?" I yell at him, "YES!" He then makes his way down the street. I walk up to the door, sniff in my tears, and knock. Seconds later, a tall man with a mustache answers the door. "Ahh!" he sighs, "Angelica. Long time no see! How about you come in an chat for a little!"