Chapter 2

"What do you mean, gone?" I ask my brother. He replies, angrier than before, "She's dead Angelica! D-E-A-D... Dead!" One tear rolls down my face. Just as I thought life was getting much better, it just went to total chaos. First my dad, then my grandma!?! At this point Aiden had left the room, and I was all alone. Being alone was my favorite thing in the whole entire world. After about 10 minutes, I decide to walk downstairs. There's about 4 people walking in my house. Two of them are relatives and the other two are the people who come to pick up the dead body, to take it to the funeral home. I run down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Oh good morning Angelica! How was your sleep?" my mother asks. I reply, "Oh great, just the fact that you had to wake up to the news of your grandma dying isn't very fun." She walks over and hugs me as she cries, "I know sweety. She was only 72, so it was close to her time." I jump up and yell at her. "Her Time? Oh please, nobody has a time! They go when God wants them to, and if you don't realize that, then girl you need to pray." She looks at me in disgust, "Go upstairs to your room this instant! You never talk to your mother like that!" I roll my eyes and make my way back upstairs. 

Aiden's room already stinks because he wet himself last night, probably because he saw grandma die. He won't tell anyone how, but soon he'll have to spill it. All I hope is that she went down gracefully and not painfully. Sit on my bed, and soon fall asleep.

I wake up at around 3:00 pm, only because my mom had knocked on my door. She had brought me up lunch, which didn't look too good. It was toast and some jelly, only because she was going to the grocery store tonight, after my brother came home from our cousin's house. "Are you okay?" my mother asks. I nod as I wipe away my tears. "I'm sorry about this morning." She then hugs me and walks off. She left a note on my plate. It read:

Dearest Daughter,

You will get your phone back tonight. I am sorry about all the grandma stuff and yelling at you. Will you forgive me?

I set the note down and eat my toast. When I finish, I brush off the crumbs, and bolt downstairs. "Mom, Mom! Can I have my phone back?" I ask, jumping with joy. She picks it up, hands it to me, and says, "No more texting Raina!" I tell her okay and run back up stairs.

--THE NEXT DAY--

Oh my gosh, it's the first day of school... well for me! For some reason, it started at 9:00, which I loved! My brother had to go to school at 7 though, which meant one free hour a day away from him. I wake up to my alarm, which reads 7:05 am. I get out of my bed, and walk to the bathroom. I jump into the shower, which I sit in for 15 minutes. I then proceed to brush my teeth, get dressed, and eat my breakfast. Today we had pancakes, which I was happy about because that meant no more toast for awhile. I then run out, not saying goodbye to my mom. When I get to the bus stop, there's only 4 other people, and I only know one because she is my next door neighbor. "Hey Jojo!" I say. She replies with a smile longer than a 18-wheeler, "Hi Angie, how's it going?" I reply, "Okay, I mean, my grandma died last night." She then goes from smiley to sad, and tells me she's sorry. The bus then is right around the corner, and we get on. I sit in the front because that's the only available seat. We get to school at around 8:48, and I rush to the office to get my schedule. 

When I get to homeroom, I sit by a boy who's head is down. "Hi, I'm Angelica, and I'm new! What's your name?" I ask. He lifts his head up, "Oh hello Anhelica, My name is Vince Parkinson, and welcome to Bridgetown High School, home of the Jaguars!