Chapter 10

I wake up, as my eyes start to hurt. The bright light hits my faces harder than a UFC punch. As I get up from the ground, a man lets out his hand, as I grab it, and he pulls me up. "Hello!" he says. I reply, "Hello sir!" He then proceeds to take me to a strange building, full of pews. I look in confusment as the man walks away. He turns around, and I see a long beard. I then appear in a hospital room, but its a vet. I see a dog, and I soon realize its my dog Skip, but it couldn't be I mean, he died 3 years ago! Even though I'm confused, I still go over to hug him, as he licks my face just like he used to. I then walk out of the vet, and onto a street full of people. Still, the light as bright as day, forces me to cover my eyes, which leads me into running into a girl, my cousin Maliah, who died of cancer six years ago. She smiles and I smile back. She was always rushing things, and running around. I then make my way down the street, and soon get to a house, and it's not just any house, it's my old house. I run in, yelling, "Mom! Aiden!" I do that about a billion times before just going upstairs. I plump on my bed, as I look around the room. It's bare, just like it was the day I moved in. My childhood home, was still bare even after 13 years of living there. After a while, I get up and leave.

When I leave, I see my neighbor Kyle Long and his sister Amy, but they we're killed in a car accident the year before. They wave as I wave back. For a while, I just walk, thinking about things, and still confused about what is going on. I then proceed to grab my phone, but I realize it's not there. I run back to the house to grab it. When I get upstairs, a pale, old lady is sweeping in my room. "Ma'm?" I ask, "Who are you?" She turns around, a big smile on her face. "Oh sweety!" she calls out, "Welcome home!" I look in disbelief. It's my grandma! It hits me then, and I soon know where I am.

....

Vince's POV

"Why did I kill her? Why, why why? I really did love her, I really did. I shouldn't have believed her mom, because she blamed me for everything. Now, I'm stuck in Jail for 26 years for something I didn't do. I shouldn't have betrayed angelica, because I was really in love with her!" I say to myself, but being interrupted by my cell mate, Roy. He's 25, and was also convicted of murder, but something way worse than I did. He killed his whole family: Father, mother, two sisters, and brother. He hasn't told me why yet, but I'm scared to ask, because he could kill me. I have to do whatever he asks, and If I don't he hurts me. I guess this is my punishment for what I "did". Two police officers then come to my Jail cell. One talks and says, "Come on dude, you're being bailed out!" My eyes widen and I smile. I ask, "Who is?" The officer replies, "It's a note, 12 million dollars, signed Angelica."