Chapter 3

"Well nice to meet you Vince!" I say, joyfully.He puts his head back down, as I turn back around. I look around the room, and see no one I knew, obviously because I had just moved. The teacher walks in and takes attendance. "Kelsey Deveroux?" she yells. A girl, two rows away from me says here. "Is it, Angelica Foxworth?" I reply, "Yes ma'am, and here!" She checks on the paper and proceeds calling out names. A couple minutes later, the bell rings, and it's off to first period. Since I was new, I had to go to some intervention for the new kids. There were six other kids in the class, and one of them was Vince!"Hey again!" I say. He replies, "Hi!" I look around the room, and see all girls. I talk to him, "It must suck being in here with all these girls!" He repilies, "Yeah, but it doesn't suck anymore, now that your here!" I smile, because it's the nicest thing anyone as said to me. Seconds later, the teacher walks in, Mrs. Hargrove, and takes attendance. She then gives us a worksheet and packet. I finish it in 20 minutes, and then get on my phone. I text Raina.

Angelica: hey... hows school?

Raina: good, how is it in tennessee?

Angelica: okay, but i met this really nice boy

I'm then stop by Mrs. Hargrove, who takes my phone away. "No texting in class, new girl!" she says. I roll my eyes and start to doodle on my packet. The bell then rings, and I make my way to math. This teacher is way nicer than Mrs. Hargrove. "Hello Angelica, my name is Ms. Nesbett!" she tells me, with a smile just like my neighbor. I reply, "Hello Ms. Nesbett!" She then proceeds to teach us about exponets and other crap that I already know. She then gives us NO homework, which is like, the best thing in the entire world, except for being alone.

I couldn't wait for 3rd period because that was lunch time. I sat next to Vince, and started to get a little crush on him. "Hey, did you know you're really cute?" I ask, blushing. He replies, "Yeah, and gid you know that you were really hot?" I blush even more. No one had every told me I was beautiful, not even cute, but he called me hot! "Why thank you!" I say. He then asks me out. I tell him yes, and keep calm, even though on the inside I'm freaking the heck out!

That night, I walked to his house. When I knocked on his door, his mother answered, "Hello, you must be Angelica! Come on in." When I enter, the house reminds me a little like my old house back in Wisconsin. He takes me upstairs to his room. We then talked for what seemed to be 3o minutes, but it was 2 hours. He actually loved me, I swear he did. He told me how uch he cared about me, and then we made out. It was like, you know, magical. Some hot guy was kissing me, who was saying I was hot. I was starting to think this move wasn't so bad after all.

When I got home, that all changed. My mom was sitting on the recliner in the living room. "Where have you been?" she yells. I reply, "A friend's house mom!" She gets out of the chair, looks me in the eye, and hurts my feelings in the worst way. "Friend? You actually made a friend?" Her spit gets all over my face, as my eyes water up. I push her out of the way, as I run upstairs to my room. She follows me, but I make it to my room first, and lock it. She bangs on it, but I push my dresser over the door so she couldn't get in. I then got my backpack, put clothes in it, got my school backpack, and jumped out my window. I made it to Vince's house about 30 minutes later, looking like a nervous wreck He lets me in as I tell him everything that my mom has been doing. "She's mean, rude, and it's like she doesn't care that my grandma died!" I tell him. He hugs me, and replies, "It's alright baby, I'm here for you!"