Chapter 6

"Hi dad!" I stutter. Vince walks up behind me, and kindly greets my father. We both walk in, and I see my mother, at the dinner table. She jumps up, with watery eyes, and hugs me. "Oh Angelica how I missed you!" she joyfully yells. I hug back, as she proceeds to ask me what I have been doing. I tell her everything, and she insist I come home. "No mom, I just can't! Yes, I missed dad and all, but I just can't stand you!" I yell at her. As her eyes water, and she starts to pout, I make my way outside with Vince. Once we make it to our car, I say my love you's and goodbyes' to my dad, my mom comes running out. You'll regret this!" she yells, "And I can't wait until you realize it!"

We drive off, and make it back to Vince's house around 7. I make some tacos, as he makes pizza. His, grandma, being her old self, eats a bag of potato chips and calls it a night. "What a day it has been!" I say. He nods, "I know baby, but at least you got to see your father again!" 

"Yeah, but it was kind of awkward, I mean, imagine how my brother felt!" I dramatically say as I eat my last, delicious, taco. He nods, and makes his way upstairs, and starts the shower. I go into his room, and play on the Xbox One. GTA V is like the best video game, so I play it for hours. Vince walks in, half naked as usual, and blocks my view of the game. "Which view is better babe!" He asks. I tell him, "The game, now move doofus!" He then jumps up on the bed and kisses me. "He goes to sleep, and soon after, I do as well. I wake up to loud knocking, as Vince goes down to investigate, but I already know who it is. "My daughter should not be here! She needs to come home!" I hear my mom yell. I see my dad behind her, who is probably thinking, "Why did I get back with this crazy chick?" I make my way downstairs, and tell my mother in one word, "No!" I then run back upstairs as I hear more screaming, and then fighting. Vince threatens to call the police, and my mom soon goes away, My dad apologizes, as Vince closes the door. "You still haven't fully answered my question!" he says, "What the hell is wrong with your mother?"

--The Next Morning--

Me and Vince decide not to go to school, only because I don't want to pass my house on the way there. We make pancakes and eggs, but his grandma just eats toast. "Old people am I right?" I say, choking on some of my pancake. He laughs as he takes a bite of egg. We then hear his grandma's voice get louder and louder. "Vince, will you got to the store and get me some more chips? I'm running low, and you know I can't drive at this age!" He yells back, "Yeah Gram, I'll leave right now!" We finish eating and grab my things. I ask not to go by the house, and he agrees. We make it to the store, get the chips, and make our way back to the car. "You know, these past few days have been the best with you!" I tell him. He laughs, "Same with you. I love you so much, If I wouldn't have met you, I would still be the loner guy I am. We get to the car, and then drive off. As Vince is flipping through radio stations I check my phone. It's a text from Jojo. It reads:

Angelica, your moms going crazy. She brought out a back with blood and stuff, laughing and crying. She then said your name, and afterwords said, 'You're next!"

I freeze, frightened for my life. "W-What is it?" Vince asks. "It's my mom, she want's to kill me!"